Forums

Help › Forums

Upset with WGT Changes

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:59 PM (3 replies)
  • Rightin
    1,248 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 11:58 AM

Maybe this is my farwell to WGT, I don't really no as of lately,,,,,but I have not posted much on this site,,I just kind of went with the flow of things,,Until now!  

Greens speeds do not change because of average,handi cap, or ranking, in the real game of golf, which this WGT game is trying to simulate,,,,, To condem this game seems unjust for a few I know.    But in thinking of what will become of the game of golf, on this site, is transpiring before our eye's, in WGT's logic that the changing of rank and tiers will improve and give all a fair advantage,,Well golf is set up on a handi cap system,,, you play to that, whatever your handi cap is,,, It would be easy to have tourneys for pros or masters, and now even legends,, and let us play the same green speeds together as in real Golf.   But now WGT has taken that away from us and calls it a fairness to all,,,,   I don't think so,,,,,,, I think they just opened a door, to other high ranked player who will now be moving to, and opening other accounts on this site, so they can compete once again, and for what ever reason,,,I won't go there!!!,,,,, it is easy to open more than one account, I myself have played on this site against others who are doing this, it is not right,  and also it is my nature not to, as I love the game of golf and what it has stood for in it's respect of the game, I love the true meaning of this sport we call Golf,,,,,, but you can bet money or credits,,,,there are many now doing this,, and yes even more because of these last changes WGT have made,,,,,, You keep playing and changing how a game is to be played and mess with a persons fun time, or enjoyment and they will leave,,, and worse yet, they will just see this as another money making scam, and do whatever they can to find a way to beat the system,,,,,  Don't get me wrong,,,, I enjoy playing the game of Golf and I have enjoyed playing on this site.  

The tiers were OK,,, but to change the green speeds was a great mistake I feel,,, but I do play real golf, and the green speeds there, at best only change when I play different courses,,,,but still remain the same for all in that days play,  No matter what the handi cap is for each player,,,,Hummm      

Yes this is, and becoming more of a gambling site and us who want to play golf for it's true reward,,,,need to think seriously about that.  

I have been playing on this site for more than a year, I have put my share of money into this game in buying equipment so I can reach my best in it's rankings to become a Master.   And to play this game Golf with others for the fun of just competing.    They now, or I should say they change again the way this game is to be played only to benifit there bank, It seems.   I wished, I was wrong, but as I read these forum post by other,,, I see what is much like the politics of the day,,, confuse the masses and they WGT will overcome.  I hate to speak like this,,, but I have seen this in many other games played.   

My apologies to all the real golfer on this site, that I have may have offended,,,but this is no longer the game I remember, and that I have played four hour and had fun in doing so with others.  It is not fair to take away what we have earned, and they have done that,,, by what they call giving or moving us up in tiers or ranking. 

Slapped across the face is what I feel,,,,,  Keep your credits WGT, give me my reward in the earning of the many friends I have made on this site,,,I pay to play on,,,,I don't need your stinking money! or credits!     Give me the same greens and opportunity to climb the ladder equally with others as in the past.  

This game is not as easy as some would think,, we have our good days, but for the most who play it like the real game of golf,,, we have many bad days,,, a slump can take weeks to come out of,,, but we strive to overcome those times, and help each other through them. Even with the daily problems with the meter,,,and it's many monsters.     Upset? Yes I am,, Whinning?  maybe you can call it that.  But fair is not what I see happening here.  Not as golf would have it be anyway, we true golfers have a respect for the game, as should be, and honor is not given but earned, on an equal playing field for all.      Rightin/Ken

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:36 PM

green speeds on real coures do cange day to day,depending on how they are cut and rolled, and if there is a tournament being played.........gren speeds are set vary fast for pro,and pro/am ..since you do play,you should know that

• Rightin
    1,248 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:47 PM

Thank You,,, Yes I do understand that, as I have worked for and on a golf course for many years.  You may be missing the point I am trying to convey or express. But In short as I have stated,,,Tournaments can be set up for individual tiers by WGT.   

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:59 PM

I am looking for a space,,,where someone will recognize,,,that I've start several games over the last few days,,,and cannot make it through,,,without a Wgt error,,,freeze up,,,or someone quiting,,,what the hell is going on...

RSS