Help › Forums

i15 Master Iron Set (Steel) VS G10 Master

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:59 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:09 AM

I would like to hear feedback from anyone using the Pings and what are the clubs ranges per iron. Do they stick better on the green, you know your honest feedback, thanks!

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 11:40 AM

i used the g10's for a while then bought the i15's.  i wasn't hitting it that well with the faster meter so switched back to the g10's, BUT i went back to the i15's recently.  reason is that they offer more precision (goes where you want it to), but more importantly to me they offer a higher trajectory shot (even higher than g10's).  makes the ball  land softer on the greens.  those two factors made it worthwhile for me to get used to the faster meter.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:17 PM

I switched to the I 15's because I had previously changed to the 'supertri' and I15 3w.

I have a real problem with multiple meter speeds so the I15 irons helped in my case....as for more precision than the G10's...... didn't notice a big difference...........but then.....I stink at this game.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:31 PM

Give the I15s a try and do not give them up after a couple hours

or after a couple days. I needed 3 Weeks to really get used to them and no... I love them. Just great clubs.

• sayo
    56 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 9:39 AM

well worth the investment. the high tracjt really makes accessing most holes a breeze if you can handle the meter speed. worth every penny :D

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 1:36 PM

I'm bored and going to try them out.   :O

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 2:05 PM

Completely shanked one ball, but other than that, I did fine.  They're fast, though... no doubt about it.

• BriRock
    148 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 1:16 PM

I can only speak for the G-10s as i have not used any other irons except for the WGT Starters set...They certainly stick much better than what i was using...and im the type of player who would like every ball to land staight in the cup...no roll at all...i basically put max spin on almost ervery shot...and coupled with the G13-S ball...from your wedge to your 5 iron can stop in just a few feet (depending on wind / green speed).  Im a master so there is a bit of wind with VF greens...and they seem to stick fine for me...However when putting spin on the ball...be it backspin or topspin...you either lose or gain yardage...much more noticable with the G-10's than the WGT Starters....again wind being a factor...lets say no wind...full backspin on an 8 iron could lose anywhere from 7 - 10 yards...and just the opposite with topspin (not counting the roll out after it hits).  Club maxes according to the meter are as follows:

3 = 210  4=200 5=190 6 =175  7=160 8=145   9=130   PW= 115

Beware of the mishits...they can be pretty bad...now weather thats the irons themselves or the game im not sure...because some times are far worse than others.

• jammeej
    3 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 7:04 PM

i have tried most of the club sets available, master tier and pro tier, and in my honest opinion the ping pro raptures are the best..  i thought with the added precision the master i15 and the other set would be better, but any slight miss of the meter line and ur in big trouble....  there is no consistency with the master clubs...  the fast meter swing is hard enough,  if u try to composite and hit it not exactly on the line it just goes wild.. the control is not that good, and i personally think the master clubs are a waste of money... stick with your pro irons, just upgrade your driver for that extra yardage from the tee.. i even brought the new master putter.. was horrendous..  have gone back to the 750 credit putter....    my friend made master the same time as me and stuck 2 his pro+clubs, just upgraded his driver, he plays like a master, while iam more like a hacker....  even when u hit it perfect on the meter line it seems to go of target...  i wish i could downgrade back to raptures, but this new level system has stopped me doin that... its stupid.. do not upgrade to master irons or the master putter..

• Tubbertown
    21 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 12:53 PM

i bought them and sold then 1 Day later, had ping raptures, which i hve since re-bought, the meter is just to fast, a joke in fact, i lose 3 balls over the silly thing

• PAGES
RSS