Forums

Help › Forums

Quickest way to level up without using boosts.

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 24 2014 2:02 PM (100 replies)
  • geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:39 PM

alanti:

It will be fixed if they are losing money, but agree it may not be within the capabilities of the programmers, but what the heck they will gve it a shot (at the expense of who knows what lol) 

LMAO!   Yeah.... i can't wait to see what they mess up trying to figured that one out. After that one.... might not have any xps lol.

Really to be honest i don't see anything wrong with it. Some say this is cheating...... how so??

So buying level up candy bars and boost is not cheating??  lol  See where i'm going here.

Only thing i see is WGT not getting their cut. Most of the multis are not spending any of their money anyway. Nope..... using credits that they stole off some honest players to seed other accounts. They buy candy bars and boost,,,, helping WGT's bottom line.

Sooo.... because someone did not pay WGT to get their xps is cheating?  I can't see it.

Nope again... all it is.... is using the system as it is. Same thing the Multis are doing,,, buying candy bars and boost to steal from the lower tiers.

Yups

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 3:17 AM

alanti:
    It will be fixed

Whilst they have the hood up breaking a habit, and fixing one bug I request they also:

1. Fix the stats bug to at least get par 3s out pf stats.  A friend said Par 5s mess with dist to pin also.  I don't know about the latter as such but may as well put the auto tune over it whilst in there;

2. Fix the Virtual Notebook bug which does not open and close properly.  The saver store one costs 20 cents and opens any time.  The 20 cent one is also allows a general notes section.  Novel idea selling something that works as advertised for 20 cents.  For $5 it should be fixed double quick or at least have it's failings described in the shop. No rush that way round it seems;

3. Various other bugs I won't bother listing here, but I would not want to stand in their way fixing them whilst the hood is up so to speak.

In fact whilst they are at it, and turning over the new leaf by fixing a bug(S) when the hood is up I suggest they feel very free to bung in a few new things.  Improved stats at least should be an easy one with the new found wizadry.  I get the reason for equipment , and OK, but there are limits to business practice before it becomes exploitation.  WGT alone took a business decision over levels, WGT alone decided to change game play with a myriad of incredible equipment available early, and if can't wait even that long the shop is beside itself to flog a candy bar. Yep a candy bar buys all the experience needed to make full use of the next level equipment.   

It is their choice alone that so many get Legend early, and OK now with good equipment, but they could not be happy there.  No even hitting TL grind away to L97 / 98 for the carrot.  Now that carrot may or may not make shyte difference to game play, and it does not matter as it is not the point.  Hit TL and the reward should be that shelves are open (even if they said say also need to be L92 minimum as well as TL would something), but no every penny wise pound foolish penny had to be leached out.  That's treating customers poorly at best, and perhaps a little fiscal drag (good will) might help and get the same if not better results in the end. 

And so the next Golf Channel meeting.  Good news is we have 150,000 new accounts in just 6 days.  The second piece of paper showing that they are all L90 hacks (multis) will be hidden LOL.  

There are some great caring people in WGT.  I have had some great support from them in very reasonable time, but whoever the bean counters are have got things wrong. Of course this should be fixed as spending zero money and levelling up from no where is not viable.  BUT I do hope WGT learn a lesson from the lack of support the community is showing over this bloody nose.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 3:53 AM

Jimbog1964:

alanti:
    It will be fixed

Whilst they have the hood up breaking a habit, and fixing one bug I request they also:

1. Fix the stats bug to at least get par 3s out pf stats.  A friend said Par 5s mess with dist to pin also.  I don't know about the latter as such but may as well put the auto tune over it whilst in there;

2. Fix the Virtual Notebook bug which does not open and close properly.  The saver store one costs 20 cents and opens any time.  The 20 cent one is also allows a general notes section.  Novel idea selling something that works as advertised for 20 cents.  For $5 it should be fixed double quick or at least have it's failings described in the shop. No rush that way round it seems;

3. Various other bugs I won't bother listing here, but I would not want to stand in their way fixing them whilst the hood is up so to speak.

In fact whilst they are at it, and turning over the new leaf by fixing a bug(S) when the hood is up I suggest they feel very free to bung in a few new things.  Improved stats at least should be an easy one with the new found wizadry.  I get the reason for equipment , and OK, but there are limits to business practice before it becomes exploitation.  WGT alone took a business decision over levels, WGT alone decided to change game play with a myriad of incredible equipment available early, and if can't wait even that long the shop is beside itself to flog a candy bar. Yep a candy bar buys all the experience needed to make full use of the next level equipment.   

It is their choice alone that so many get Legend early, and OK now with good equipment, but they could not be happy there.  No even hitting TL grind away to L97 / 98 for the carrot.  Now that carrot may or may not make shyte difference to game play, and it does not matter as it is not the point.  Hit TL and the reward should be that shelves are open (even if they said say also need to be L92 minimum as well as TL would something), but no every penny wise pound foolish penny had to be leached out.  That's treating customers poorly at best, and perhaps a little fiscal drag (good will) might help and get the same if not better results in the end. 

And so the next Golf Channel meeting.  Good news is we have 150,000 new accounts in just 6 days.  The second piece of paper showing that they are all L90 hacks (multis) will be hidden LOL.  

There are some great caring people in WGT.  I have had some great support from them in very reasonable time, but whoever the bean counters are have got things wrong. Of course this should be fixed as spending zero money and levelling up from no where is not viable.  BUT I do hope WGT learn a lesson from the lack of support the community is showing over this bloody nose.

LOL..     wtf are you smoking???.....LOL

Better put that shite down now!    OOO  they will fix it.... if they can. Big if there though.

The equipment being level based,, as everyone knows is crazy.

Tour legends that cannot get top clubs??? Or even legends for that matter. Nope... they dangle the carrot higher and higher...... so can burn up them golf balls.

The " Bean counters " as you say have got their shite together trust me. They know what direction is forward......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$.

;)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 4:11 AM

geraldlarousse:

The " Bean counters " as you say have got their shite together trust me. They know what direction is forward......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$.

;)

I do think there is room for a little fiscal drag (good will) here though.  That is also worth something on a balance sheet, and I get the $ today to some extent but I think they are over doing the greed.  More importantly I think they could bring in that HL stuff  to TLs even minimum also L92, and creating that carrot means you have you have to get those 550 RRs in at a 60 or below average - balls burned.  

Putting equipment so high disincentivizes people as well.  Nothing will be perfect and opening equipment up to Legend tier is not going to happen now, as it's easier to get to Legend than ever.  Now as I said that new high level equipment is probably neutral (as near as dammit to score), but that's not the point as the carrot of choice could be there in a better way than now.

I think the bean counters are missing some tricks in marketing things properly.

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 5:10 AM

geraldlarousse:
    So buying level up candy bars and boost is not cheating??  lol  See where i'm going here.

Is it cheating?  Well, the crux of that matter is what you mean, what concept you, geraldlarousse, are signifying by the word "cheating."

Some people may argue,

"What is wrong with Major League Baseball players using steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, everyone is doing it.  No one is cheating anyone, it is a level playing field because everyone is doing it."

The same can be said of Lance Armstrong.  Was he cheating?  I've heard that just about every cyclist was doing some form of "doping."  It depends on what you mean by "cheating."  

Question: Does an activity become "cheating" when only one person of a large group of people is refraining from using an exploit or "cheat"? Must there be a majority of people using the "cheat" for the "cheat" not to be a "cheat"?  

Example:

If no one else (or at least a vast majority of others) used any kind of doping, then Armstrong was cheating.  However, if everyone (or simply a slim majority) used some form of doping (even if it wasn't the exact kind as Armstrong's), then Armstrong was not cheating.

If the answer is, "there needs to be a majority of people doing the suspected cheating activity for it to no longer be legitimately considered cheating; the majority of people need to be cheating for cheating to not be cheating"  then, what happens in the interim period during which the populous is still in the process of being swayed to the majority of people doing the suspected cheating activity?  Were all of those people who were doing the activity up until the point of majority cheaters too?

If we are not very careful to definitely define what "cheating" is, we may create an environment where the de facto situation in society (i.e., our specific neighborhoods) becomes one where we don't even understand what "cheating" is.  Basically, in the operating guidelines of the youth and many adults, "cheating" (whatever understanding it was that previously existed in our minds) won't even exist anymore because we have clouded the issue so much with no boundaries or limits.  

Even though we understand better, the de facto answer can easily become:

every action by anyone anywhere is permitted solely because we "don't see anything wrong."

geraldlarousse:
    Really to be honest i don't see anything wrong with it. Some say this is cheating...... how so??
    (emphasis added )

So, depending on your definition of the word "cheating," it may not be "cheating."  But, is there "anything wrong?"

See Terms & Conditions, press [Ctrl] + [F], then type in "exploit" and press [Enter] until you see this:

"Posting Etiquette

WGT asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:...

• Exploit any bug in the Site to gain unfair advantage in the game and communicate the existence of any such bug."

JMan

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 5:23 AM

GolfingJMan:

geraldlarousse:

Is it cheating?  Well, the crux of that matter is what you mean, what concept you, geraldlarousse, are signifying by the word "cheating."

Some people may argue,

"What is wrong with Major League Baseball players using steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, everyone is doing it.  No one is cheating anyone, it is a level playing field because everyone is doing it."

The same can be said of Lance Armstrong.  Was he cheating?  I've heard that just about every cyclist was doing some form of "doping."  It depends on what you mean by "cheating."  

Question: Does an activity become "cheating" when only one person of a large group of people is refraining from using an exploit or "cheat"? Must there be a majority of people using the "cheat" for the "cheat" not to be a "cheat"?  

Example:

If no one else (or at least a vast majority of others) used any kind of doping, then Armstrong was cheating.  However, if everyone (or simply a slim majority) used some form of doping (even if it wasn't the exact kind as Armstrong's), then Armstrong was not cheating.

If the answer is, "there needs to be a majority of people doing the suspected cheating activity for it to no longer be legitimately considered cheating; the majority of people need to be cheating for cheating to not be cheating"  then, what happens in the interim period during which the populous is still in the process of being swayed to the majority of people doing the suspected cheating activity?  Were all of those people who were doing the activity up until the point of majority cheaters too?

If we are not very careful to definitely define what "cheating" is, we may create an environment where the de facto situation in society (i.e., our specific neighborhoods) becomes one where we don't even understand what "cheating" is.  Basically, in the operating guidelines of the youth and many adults, "cheating" (whatever understanding it was that previously existed in our minds) won't even exist anymore because we have clouded the issue so much with no boundaries or limits.  

Even though we understand better, the de facto answer can easily become:

every action by anyone anywhere is permitted solely because we "don't see anything wrong."

geraldlarousse:
    (emphasis added )

So, depending on your definition of the word "cheating," it may not be "cheating."  But, is there "anything wrong?"

See Terms & Conditions, press [Ctrl] + [F], then type in "exploit" and press [Enter] until you see this:

"Posting Etiquette

WGT asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:...

• Exploit any bug in the Site to gain unfair advantage in the game and communicate the existence of any such bug."

JMan

Holy.....Moly.....lol.   Okay JMan.... forget the cheating thingy.....lol.

Let me clarify myself...... i don't think getting level up xps doing this method is no different then buying yourself up the levels.

Call it like you want to really. But figure i'm level 98 now. Took me like 21/2 years to get to this level.

Some Multi mother can join today.... sucker a bunch of players in MPC games.... and before you know it.... done purchase candy and boost. Then...... before you know it done already leveled up to almost level 90....lol.

Seen it way to much. And........ that money was stole to buy that crap. Soo i would say that must be a bug too....no??

Players with zero integrity will find anyway possible to have a unfair advantage. Is what it is.

A honest player that used this method.... even though have high level clubs.... will still show play of a beginner. Nothing i'm worried about.

Bottom line this method really if think about it doesn't matter to a Multi. Why??  Because that candy bar or boost is free anyway...... because it was bought with dirty money.

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 6:00 AM

geraldlarousse:
    Bottom line this method really if think about it doesn't matter to a Multi. Why??  Because that candy bar or boost is free anyway...... because it was bought with dirty money.

I see your cogent point.  However, there are still aspects of this method as to why it can matter to someone, aspects that I choose not to elaborate on for national security's expediency's sake. :)

WGT could easily do a Double (Quadruple?) XP Weekend, so I'm heavily leaning towards this being a bug.

JMan

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:16 AM

getting level 90 doing this would take ages n ages of mind numbing boringness, I remember someone doing this last year on tournaments max shots each hole over n over and he was a level 90+ hack with best equipment and he did nothing and no one remembers his name 

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:48 AM

There is no need to take 15 shots per hole up to the final hole- play as usual to final hole, then take mulligans from 9th shot- until blue rectangle appears- move to 13th shot and play mulligans until large square appears- hit mulligans until redraw slows to crawl- then finish. Easy 3500k per 9- 10/15 mins max.

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 8:54 PM

WGT must had fixed this bug, it didn't work.  And I needed those 65K XPs.   :)

RSS