Forums

Help › Forums

Meter Speed - Better Clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:48 PM (1 replies)
  • karkarius
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 8:41 PM

I'm new to the game so I don't know much about it yet. I've looked at some of these drives and clubs and such and it seems to me that I'd have to be crazy to want anything that has a faster meter speed. What's the deal with that? I would think the better clubs would have a slower meter speed. I've seen some that do but the really expensive clubs have fast meter speeds. So do the other stats really make that much of a difference.

My ability to hit the meter exactly is where I lack at the most in terms of my hitting the buttons but I'm willing to admit there's a lot I don't know about the whole game in general. But since it's on the computer I would think the meter speed would be the most important thing. I don't know. lol.

Anyone got any advice for newbie?

Karkarius

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:48 PM

I'm inclined to agree Karkarius.

A few extra yards length is not worth a faster meter speed. Far better to be consistent.

Drivers and woods with longer range are vital for some courses when you reach higher tiers. You'll always be playing for bogeys otherwise.

It becomes useful to have more effect from backspin for the irons (and possibly wedges). Better accuracy and forgiveness is good too but none of that is worth the expense of constantly missing the line anyway (just cancels it all out).

As for putting. I've gone back to the beginner putter after buying the Tour Standard. Supposedly it has the same meter speed but it doesn't. I find I put better with a bit less accurate putter but one I can usually hit exactly right. (Maybe I'll try it some more and get used to it but I'm not convinced.)

But, with those exceptions (distance for drivers (and, at the top tiers, woods and irons) and spin control for irons mainly) I think a slow meter speed is the most valuable quality. (A slow meter speed is a massive bonus for any long-range driver or precise iron and a fast meter speed would be a big disadvantage.)

(And lastly, I think a lot of players just keep quitting when they hit a few wayward shots with their ultra-precise but ultra-tricky clubs. It's good for the unlimited attempts tourneys but not so great for multiplayer games and having fun. IMHO)

RSS