Forums

Help › Forums

Gifting Clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 27 2010 2:01 PM (7 replies)
  • cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:00 PM

I want to give a friend a gift of the clubs I already posess, is there any way around this, cuz the proshop wont let me.

cindythepitbull

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:20 PM

No. I think it's designed to stop people taking out a second account and transferring clubs so they can enter competitions from a position of advantage.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:23 PM

Cindy... you don't really "posess" those clubs.  Think in terms of leasing clubs rather than owning clubs from the pro shop.  When they say you are buying clubs it is a misnomer.

You may "unlease" the clubs you want to gift back to the pro shop for 25% of their original lease price.  Then you may gift the same or another set to your friend.

Hope this helps.

• cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:31 PM

Doublemochaman:

Cindy... you don't really "posess" those clubs.  Think in terms of leasing clubs rather than owning clubs from the pro shop.  When they say you are buying clubs it is a misnomer.

You may "unlease" the clubs you want to gift back to the pro shop for 25% of their original lease price.  Then you may gift the same or another set to your friend.

Hope this helps.

why would I want to get rid of my clubs, just to gift them???

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:40 PM

Double is right, you sort of lease them although you did pay for them.  You can trade them in but not give them away.  It doesn't seem right but if you think of the clubs as never wearing, always being new, it sort of does make sense.  In terms of balls, you should be able to give them away if you want, don't know why you can't.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:52 PM

Cindy... why would I want to pay property taxes?  Or income taxes?  Or shoot over 80 in real life?  Or hit a fat 40 yard wedge shot?  Or pay $8 for a gin & tonic at a local bar?  It just IS.  But I do have choices on all those things...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:55 PM

I would like to gift DMM a baseball club but they're not available yet. :-)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 2:01 PM

Thank you YJ.  Would you gift me the Yankees, but I get to keep Felix to go with?  ARod would look good in a Mariner's uniform.  Oh, that's right, he's been in on of those before...

RSS