Forums

Help › Forums

Which to buy : WGT Pro Hybrid or any wedge ???

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 28 2010 7:21 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • omnigross266
    19 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 11:50 PM

Which one should I buy : A WGT Tour Pro Hybrid or a Wedge ??

If you say I should buy a wedge, then which one (I only have 125 credits)

I live in india, and 1 USD = 47 INR. Thus 1 INR is about 2 credits.That is very expensive over here.

So, please help me.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:10 AM

omnigross266:

Which one should I buy : A WGT Tour Pro Hybrid or a Wedge ??

If you say I should buy a wedge, then which one (I only have 125 credits)

I live in india, and 1 USD = 47 INR. Thus 1 INR is about 2 credits.That is very expensive over here.

So, please help me.

If I were you I would try some of the free offers to get credits. And then go for the best wedge you can afford. There are many top players and some mid level player like me who have taken the hybrid out of the bag and play 3 optional wedges and at times I take the 3 wood out as well and play 4 optional wedges. The wedges help you a lot more in my opinion than the hybrid does. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:24 AM

That is a good question. We all develop at different rates and method paths. I use 4 wedges and no longer carry a 3-wood or hybrid. The Master G10 3 iron, rated at 210 yrds, is plenty of firepower for me. I don't find as much advantage to reduce my score in using fairway woods as often as I do with the overkill of wedge use.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:31 AM

SP is right, after playing a while on here you tend to lose the need for a hybrid.  The 3 iron goes a long way and having wedges is more important.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:33 AM

Do whatever you can to get a 64 degree wedge. I prefer the Satin 64. This one club will save you more strokes than any other single club you can buy.  Besides, your new driver will help you (check your bag.)   ;-)        

• omnigross266
    19 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 6:31 AM

YankeeJim:

Do whatever you can to get a 64 degree wedge. I prefer the Satin 64. This one club will save you more strokes than any other single club you can buy.  Besides, your new driver will help you (check your bag.)   ;-)        

Thanks a trillion man !!!!!!!

I shall definately try to get the 64 degree wedge.

Thanks again man.

@ all the other suggestions - I will take it into account in my final descision. I probably need the wedge too.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 1:19 PM

omnigross266:

LOL-There's inflation for ya. Used to be a million was enough, now it's a trillion!

You are quite welcome omni. See you out there.  :-)

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 1:40 PM

YankeeJim:

omnigross266:

LOL-There's inflation for ya. Used to be a million was enough, now it's a trillion!

You are quite welcome omni. See you out there.  :-)

Jim where's my driver? :-( look what you got yourself into now lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 3:15 PM

KingOfTheCourse:
    Jim where's my driver? :-( look what you got yourself into now lol

LOL-I don't think you could handle the WGT Pro driver. Plus, how about filling omni in on who got your weak butt to pony up for the wedges?  :-D

• omnigross266
    19 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 3:41 AM

Whoever gave me that 64 degree Z Satin Pro deserves an award along with YankeeJim for kindness.

• PAGES
RSS