Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Champions League

Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:06 AM (86 replies)
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 9:45 AM

Right, I want to start with a HUGE thank you to DarkoPancev and coolswing for all of your ideas.

All of the ideas are based around current football tourneys, which I think is great. The old UEFA cup idea was my first choice for a while, until I had a think. Surely the 'WGT Champions League' should have the Champions League format?

As such, the lay-out of the tourney will be as such (this will be repeated on the front page):

The tourney will begin with 4 groups of 4. Each team will play each other twice in the group, with 3 point for a win, 1 point for a draw/no result, and nothing for a loss.

After the group stage, the top 2 from each group will go though to the next round, which will be 2 games of match-play, BUT the result will be decided by the scores of both added together.

The same rules apply for the semi-final, with the final being only 1 match.

All result must be agreed by BOTH players and reported to me either though this forum or on my profile.

UPDATE: The tourney will start on the 6/7/09 (Tomorrow), and the group stage will run up to 4 weeks (Match each 4/5 days), and a new draw has been added to the ever-growing list of draws. This is hopefully the final draw, unless someone wishes to be moved.

P.S. Sorry PigKiller, I tried my best to get the timezones correct, but you're stuck with players from North America.

• pigkiller
    173 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 6:53 PM

Sorry but i still don't get it are going to be submiting weekly 18 hole trornys scores starting with week 28?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Never mind i get now should be good.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  cheers pigkiller      

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 6:51 AM

Today is the beginning of the group stage. Remember, you have to play everyone in your group TWICE in the nexst 4 weeks (Or by the 2nd of August)

Good luck and I hope to get some results soon (ish)

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 8:04 AM

Thanks Ellis for the info.  Just a quick question, where do we submit the match result ?

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 8:06 AM

On this forum or on my profile, then I'll put onto a form (which I'm making later) and that form will be put onto here.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 8:51 AM

what course are we playing and is it a 18 hole match ?

chuckiee

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 9:05 AM

The current course for multi-player is Bethpage Black Front 9 holes, so it's that.

• ekaeka
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 3:41 PM

Rosenborg took a hell of a beating at Lerkendal, as Inter won comfortably. The scoring was 39 - 33. Rumours says that Rosenborg now are going to a long training camp to recover and prepare for the rematch at San Siro.( I must remind you all that Rosenborg beat AC Milan 1-2 at San Siro in Champions league  in 1996.)

• DarkoPancev
    23 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 3:55 PM

I confirm. Good sunny weather at Trondheim, Rosenborg vs Internazionale 39:33.

Wish all the best to Rosenborg in the rest of the matches in our group!

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 5:33 AM

Carlisle United (plim) beat Real Madrid (seveking) 3 and 2

great game plenty of chances for both sides. carlisle took the lead after 10 mins and weathered some great attacking play from madrid. some great (sand) saves and some lackluste (Putts) passes fell short of their intended targets allowing the defence to clear the ball. A few (putts) shots were wide of their target. madrid pressed right to the end but carlisle hung on for the victory to take all 3 points. madrid will be hoping for revenge on the return leg next week. 

RSS