• PAGES
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2009 2:27 AM

Well said Lee. :)

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2009 10:13 AM

We definitely hear you and will find ways to fairly give you more control of your destiny. Thanks for giving us a chance.

• Ghostwulf
    20 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2009 8:46 AM

Thank you very much Nivlac.  This the most comprehensive explanation of mine and many many other players problems with this game.

I have managed to hit many shots right on the perfect line and the results are so incredibly frustrating that sometimes I will just get off the site. I too have grinded to just get to the score I have, which while not all that great a score, it represents a long standing of effort to get just that.  I had, before the latest changes to the site, had lowered my score down into the sixties and was quite pleased and enjoyed the play here. Since the changes, it has been a nightmare, I ended up doing all manner of things to my very  computer in order to get better game play and then still had to give up my Pings because they are not worth the effort.  For a while I thought it was just me and my lack of skills and my very basic computer, but have been hearing more and more of the same types of complaints.  The near total lack of consistency, or as you so aptly put it, these deviations in the game are just taking the joy out of playing this, what I think is an awesome site.

I hope as well that WGT doesn't take this personal, or hold it against folks..... I really love this site, it is a great way to have fun playing a game we all obviously enjoy, and to meet lots of really good people. I have been blessed with meeting some very cool folks.  I believe wholeheartedly that this can be and should be the very best online golf site ever. Most of us who speak out about problems we see, do so because we care. I certainly have no desire to bash the site, at one point was trying to recruit all my friends to join here.

Thanks once again Avatar and Nivlac, Your suggestions are excellent, especially Nivlac the ones about the swing meter speeds, and thanks to all other's who want to make a difference here........ peace

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 12:55 PM

If this was said already, my apologies. I think once you start to factor in ball lies, movement of the ball in the stance, ability to draw or fade, you should be able to remove the beast...perhaps the beast has its place with the stock clubs in a graduated measure according to the precision of the clubs you own, but once you make master, it should be compleatly illiminated.  oh my kingdom for a spell check...im out before i have to spell potatoe..

• juansky
    6 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 4:14 PM

I call it poor programming and testing.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 5:12 PM

nivlac:

The introductory club set should have the fastest meter coupled with the largest forgiveness zone.  This parallel's real life knock off clubs to a T.  After all, forgiveness was the main reason for the invention of the cavity back iron.  This will make people want to get rid of starters and upgrade their clubs ASAP.  People will feel that their money was well spent, instead of feeling as if they were hosed.  The farther up the line you go, the swing meters should continue to slow down making it easier to hit it perfect.  Doesn't that make the game easier?  No, not if you continue to decrease forgiveness too so that missing by the slightest margin on the slowest meters puts you offline by a few yards, much like real forged irons would.

IDear Mr. Nivlac,

I feel you are wrong here, The swing meter should get faster and the forgiveness zone smaller for the Masters and gradually easier the lower tier you are. I've stated before that it is totally lopsided when it comes to competing in tourneys knowing that the hardcore gamers are going to dominate the game. The only answer that I see that will work is more tiers. Some may not agree, but that is the fix we all need, not just you Masters. I'm in the Pro tier and frankly don't deserve to be there. Averaging a 72 is not even close on the real tour, I'm an Amateur at best and not affraid to admit it! My dexterity with my hands just can't compete with the younger folks and the gamer types, no way!! Maybe a handicapping system (like the real game) would work too? Like I've said before " nobody, and I mean nobody shoots a 60 at Bethpage Black. Let' make this game realistic. I, personally would be happy shooting in the low 90's on this game, so long as the next guy was doing the same, or at least shooting what they shoot on the real course! That, in my opinion, would be realistic. Maybe 2 different versions of the game would be an answer, like Q school or something in that vein. Right now the game is set up just for you guys and the guys who really should pissed are the lower tier folks who it seems from time to time that you guys tend to look down your noses at. This my friends is coming from a guy that has played golf for 45 years, I think my experience qualifies me as an good judge of  fairplay.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:16 PM

I to have to agree to disagree with Nivlac..the meter speeds should mimic  faster clubhead speeds associated with the distance achieved from the type of club used..the hack and amature need the slower clubhead speed in order to learn the game...with that  should also be a graduated beast depending on the precision of the used club..once you make master you should no longer have to deal with the beast on shots that hit the dingline, and only alittle on off center hits...just my 2 cents here...and I do enjoy these type of discussions...

Your millage will vary!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:16 PM

iukine:
    I, personally would be happy shooting in the low 90's on this game, so long as the next guy was doing the same, or at least shooting what they shoot on the real course!

iukine... lots of good thoughts there, but I'm going to respectfully disagree with the line of thinking above.  I don't feel this game would be as fun if we all had boundaries on our scoring averages... keeping them in line with our real scoring abilities.  My guess is that 99.9% of the golfers on here have an average way lower than their real life average.  As for myself, my WGT average is 69-something.  In real life I've only been sub 70 (on a par 70, 71 or 72 course) about five times.   Unless you're counting miniature golf courses. :)

So the thrill is in scoring lower than in real life.  Having the feeling of a low handicapper or pro.

• krmbra
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 12:58 PM
    I find that the game affords a fair degree of accuracy to a high handicap player, however, I would prefer to have a wider range of choices for short chips around the green - esoecially from deep rough (or better instruction on how to execute them) - find some very unrealistic outcomes (and frustrating) in that area
  • PAGES
RSS