Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out III': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open THIRD EDITION!

Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:55 PM (614 replies)
  • bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 2:43 AM

I should take the penalty.  Corwyn's chatter had nothing to do with my time-wasting.  What happened was, I hit this tee shot on 17 and was surprised by the result  (after looking at it, I almost certainly forgot to switch from D to 3W).  I spent too much time puzzling over that one, and saving the replay.  I'm not even certain that I read Corwyn's messages at that time.  

The timer should be enforced except in unusual circumstances, like for players who are new to the screenshot process.  It's part of TIO.  In addition to the starters and unevens, there's a time clock and rounds that might last over two hours without a break, even with said clock.  All of those things make it more difficult than single-play.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 7:48 AM

i'm trying to nail down a time with inigo now ... 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 7:53 AM

Neil and I have had a challenge getting our round played. I'm hoping to get it played either today or tomorrow but I'm not sure how that's gonna work out. Living across the pond from each other isn't condusive to having time that has matched up.

~CD~

• BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 7:57 AM

Simply amazing round, Corwyn.  You powered through 18 tough holes at Merion with only a single bogey on the card.  If I'm not mistaken you'll also finish the tourney at less than 280 strokes overall.  Amazing job!!!

Inigo is now back at home, and my Sunday is basically wide open, other than giving the dog her necessary walks.  Yeah she is kind of high maintainence LoL.  filmslayer has sent me a Friendy which I have now accepted, and I'm happy to shoot a round with him if our times match up.  Unfortunately my ability to play is limited to whether or not I'm able to use my mom's PC in the home office.  I am on a wireless connection on my own PC, and when Ben and I attempted to play Oakmont, the lag was simply unbearable and I couldn't even get the game to load IIRC. Mom's PC is hard wired to the router though, and I've had no problems with it for the first three rounds.

If slayer and I are not able to meet up on Sunday, I will be free Monday all morning after 8:00am central time, and I should be free all afternoon as well. I'll be looking for slayer online today (Sunday) and I'll try to invite him to a game if he is green, but if we can't meet up I may need to finish on Monday.  

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:00 AM

BigInigoMontoya:
    If slayer and I are not able to meet up on Sunday,

message sent and my day looks the same as yours ...

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:10 AM

Neil and I playing now. Report later.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 10:26 AM

Neil and I got our round played but neither of us were left very happy about it. We had wind in our faces on the entire front 9 and all but 2 holes on the back. I really don't know what to make of it other than we really felt hard done. We couldn't reach the 5th hole in 2 shots for the CTTH thing and from that point, I was just counting the holes to the end. Tourney finished is the only pleasure I got from that round.

CerinoDevoti=69   Unclenewy=81

Here's the horror show of cards,stats and pics:

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 10:41 AM

That's pretty good putting CD, despite the one hiccup.

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 11:09 AM

Well, what can I say??!

Teeing off after a 10hr night shift followed by a 3hr drive home then 3 1/2 hrs sleep is not a good start, but we had to get played and CD was green so I invited.

But then it all went pair shaped......REALLY pair shaped.

I honestly lost interest after 7 holes and the wind was just wrong.

A handfull of big WTF moments thrown in and I just wanted to get outa there!

Anyway CD played a fine round considering and well done to him.

I was just hitting the ball forward in a trance from the 10th onward.

Hey ho and lets do it again sometime......not too soon though!

Excellent tourney Corwyn and CD, once again. Sorry I couldn't make a fight of the last round but well done everyone.

P.S. I have green and fairway shots if required....

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2013 11:17 AM

Corwyn:

I do feel responsible for a stupid time penalty Ben suffered on #17, when I chose a very inappropriate time to ask if he'd gotten screenshots... so his score is pending a possible waive of that penalty shot (if he'll accept my effort to remove the penalty... he's being very magnanimous about it).

How could Ben have been penalized a stroke for only 1 late time on the 90 second clock? I thought it gave 2 warnings then on the 3rd, a penalty stroke?

RSS