Forums

Help › Forums

Best Putter???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:53 AM (7 replies)
  • Chaos902
    31 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 12:13 PM

I would like to ask everyone what putter they think is best.  I rented the TM spider did not like it so I rented the ping Anser liked it but I see lots of people using the TM daytona.  I dont want to spend all these credits to rent clubs because by the time I rent them all I could have just bought a putter.  All help is welcome.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 2:03 PM

The reason you liked the Anser better is probably because it's twice as accurate as that Spider. Both the Redwoods and the Daytona are twice as accurate as the Anser.  Pick one and it will last you as long as you like.  The main difference between the two of them is the meter speed and 1 scale. The Daytona is slower. The Redwood is the Anser's bigger brother. The expensive Redwood isn't as much of a value as the cheaper one-a little more accurate but with a faster meter.  The Daytona is probably your best bet if you're concerned about meter speed. GL

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:29 PM

Agree with Jim.

I bought the new ping master putter (1385cr) and sold it back next day high swing speed combined with my jerky meter made it a liability - only lost about 1000cr on the deal!  Sticking with the Daytona - swing speed is just right.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:41 PM

do not feel so bad Mike, same here. I tried it for 3 days and gave up, still have not sold it back yet but I probably will. YJ is right Daytona is the right putter, at least it is for me!

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:53 PM

Ive had lots of success with the Daytona. Ive rented the high priced putter and it is junk in my opinion. Especially for the money.

• kidkrash56
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:55 PM

I use the Ping Redwood putter, i love it man.

Can't go wrong with it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 4:15 PM

Heh- For the record, I use the high price Redwood and am only now starting to understand it. I've had it since the day it came out.  Thumbs up on it for me but don't go by that-trust what you're reading.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:53 AM

I'd say either the redwood (non master) or the Daytonna.  You will eventually sell back the answer becasue both putters listed above are so much better.  So listen to Jim on the difference between the tw and pick which one fits your game better.  Good luck!

RSS