Forums

Help › Forums

Why Buy the Ping irons

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 19 2010 10:24 PM (23 replies)
  • atadad
    14 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 5:37 AM

I bought the full set of Pings for 17.73 U.S. So far i feel it was a waste of money. In real life the Pings would be more forgiving and easier to hit than the Cheapies, that is why we spend money to improve or equipment. In here it is the opposite seem you  are punished for spending money. Maybe the next upgrade this can be adressed. Until then BUYER BEWARE Post

• geezer1938
    2 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 7:00 AM

I totally agree. I purchased them also and gave them a try for a couple of weeks and went back to the original furnished irons.

• mdelninno
    15 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 8:53 AM

I have the regular set and also noticed I drive further than Burner. Not sure money well spent.

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 9:31 PM

I bought the full set.  BEcause there is such a focus on network speed (lag), which I appreciate is there to help prevent cheating, the jumpine3ss of the bar makes the clubs unusable.

If they are going to be quicker, the target area should be larger.  In addition that would make it easier to force draws, fades etc.

The target area is too small now and too quick to try any of that.  Add the lag and I am lucky to hit a fairway or a GIR.

I am very very disappointed with them

• cccuta5
    4 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2009 4:11 PM

I am mad.  More forgiveness...NO.  More back spin...NO.  Larger error in shaping you shot...YES

I want my $6.00 back.  Take the clubs back too.  I can play the tour starters, know where they are going, and adjust for the wind and lie.  The PING's are worse than the starter ser.  knew where they were going.  Tour set I know where they are going.  PINGS, one click off of dead center, and it moved 15 yards to the left.  15 friggin yards.  I made the proper adjustments, and just missed perfect hit, and was putting from 50 feet.  Unfair.  Uncool.

Does PING know that their clubs in this virtual game suck.  I play PINGS.  The best clubs I've ever owned.  I can put backspin when needed in real life.  I've lowered my REAL handicap to an 8 (down from 15) with my REAL PINGS.  Hell I cannopt even guess where the ball is going in the virtual game.

You all ought to be ashamed.  May the ghost of Carson Ping come and haunt you.

• Calig
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2009 1:38 AM

Utterly utterly crap.

The new clubs, as i have bought ping set and new wedges, i was so eager to try them out, switched back within 4 rounds, as i was 5-8 shots worse with the new ones, that cost a hell of a lot.

Fix it or refund me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-C-

• atadad
    14 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2009 10:24 AM

I also play  pings in real life. Own 4 sets from upgrades over the years. The oldest set i own are better than  the chea[ies. Why not Make them better in this? Just to inlighten you , the founder of Ping was  Karsten Soheim so may the ghost fo him come back to haunt the WGT.

• Pressto
    56 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 7:07 AM

I bought the starter set after they bumped me to amatuer and when and it was a complete waste of money.

If I spend money on the clubs then I expect the accuracy and swing meter to be easier, not harder.

Until they fix this DONT SPEND MONEY ON THESE CLUBS.

• justquit
    46 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 2:17 PM

How long you have those rotten clubs before you decided not to use them? And how long were you using the starter set before you decided to buy the new ones? I'm just asking because most who buy those new clubs dont practice enough with them before they start complaining about them. If you bought them cause you think thier more forgiving then you couldnt use the starter clubs in the first place.  If you bought them to add finness and distance to your game keeping practicing cause you couldnt use the first ones it will take a bit longer to learn how to use them cause you couldnt use the first ones.  And trying to add those clubs to improve your game is a waste of time til you learn how to use  the first ones.  its not the clubs its your caddy bud

• bstrippy
    39 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 4:15 PM

Interesting thread!.. I'm gonna sit on the fence on this one for a while as i have issues with this subject both for and against my G10 purchase......

RSS