Forums

Help › Forums

tournament bug

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 9 2010 2:41 PM (0 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 2:41 PM

Probably not a bug, lol, right WGT ?? Reminiscent of the USGA qualifier, that's for sure.

Dateline - WGT.COM 08-09-10

Cruising along for 16 smooth holes, no meter issues, no graphics stutter, sticking it on the pin all over the course. -10 going in to 17, looking for a spot towards the top of the leader board..... what could go wrong.......

Other than a drastically lengthened hole loading time going in to 17, an asset load error, eerily slow graphics loading, a completely different green characteristic set on 17, yada yada yada.

Not unlike the USGA qualifier, it was as if the switch was flipped, and the game said 'enough is enough, time to put an end to this'. And yeah, I know, I just need more practice........... 

Hit the fringe next to the green-side bunker coming in. Left a 42 footer for bird. Had a LOT of fringe to putt through, so I dial it in to about 60 feet, just knowing it won't be enough, but it will be a nice easy par putt. You guessed it, sailed 74 feet, leaving me on the back of the green with an impossible putt. Had about 28 or so coming back, with a moderate break. No problem, leave it close if missed, and take a bogey to move to 18 at -9. Dial it in, hit a few feet short of the length and....... you guessed it. Went about 12 feet past. Little to no break on this one. No problem. Ok, hold on. Greens are reacting really different than the rest of the entire round, better take a little off before this gets worse...... You guessed it, a 9 footer goes 4.2 ....... oh, well, I'll take my lumps, take my double and move on. Wait a minute, not so fast....... My double putt, a simple, short, almost dead straight putt was set at 6 feet, and went just over 2. WTF ????? tap in for trible bogey, and I'm off to 18! 

Way to go WGT! You can tell me a million times there are no changes during game play and the current score has no affect on the club characteristics or shot outcomes, and I will tell you a million times, I DO NOT BELIEVE IT. The more you program this deviation in to this game, the more you ruin it. Let us decide our own fates and let us score good if we are having a good round. Enough of this equalizer crap, already.....

RSS