Help › Forums

From a Pro to a Master

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:57 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • charleyhorse29
    2 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 9:14 PM

I am fairly new and have not been able to shoot par on any course as a pro.  Then this week I played the Kiawah fornt 9 unlimited tourney and shot around Par.

I thought, now here is a course I may have a chance on, so I played this tourney over & over.  Some 40-50 times until I finally posted a score that would get me in the money.

I was so stoked to post a 31, but little did I know that by playing the the same 9 holes until I was finally able to consistantly shoot Par or better, that this would qualify me to move up to a Master level.

I Royally got Screwed.  I have not been able to shoot par on any other course and I got bumped up a Tier solely based on the front 9 at Kiawah.  and by the way that 31 was only good enough for around 30th place. 

Oh Well I guess WGT has to make money somehow, I just bought a PRO set of clubs last week.       GOOD LUCK ALL.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 10:23 PM
    It is a sad tale that happens weekly. I can't think of anything more troubling than trying to learn the game as a young Master. Six months from now you will be fine.
  • Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 7:58 AM

SweetiePie is absolutely correct!  I did just what you did on the Kiawah back 9.   Don't fret.  Keep playing the game.  Play all the courses and get to know the layout and characteristics of each.  In time you WILL play like the Master.  In the meantime... practice, practice, practice.  And, don't be afraid to play other Masters.  A true Master will help you, give you tips while playing, if you ask.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:03 AM

I am not going to go on the offensive here, well not that much, but the program cannot tell that you are shooting for that low score on an unlimited tourney and make the determination that you are not ready for master.  It goes off your average.  And thats completely fair to the other players still in Pro tier.

As for yourself, just keep playing, playing and playing.  It will come around.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:06 AM

neildiamond11790:

I am not going to go on the offensive here, well not that much, but the program cannot tell that you are shooting for that low score on an unlimited tourney and make the determination that you are not ready for master.  It goes off your average.  And thats completely fair to the other players still in Pro tier.

As for yourself, just keep playing, playing and playing.  It will come around.

Neil is right, it might be weeks, months, or a year, but your game will come around and you'll be able to break par on any course. 

Good luck on the big boy tee's

-King

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 6:24 PM

I too did much the same playing the Kiawah back 9 ages back. I most definitely wasn't anywhere near ready to be a master, but nothing I could do about it, other than suffer the pain while I learnt how to actually play all the shots. There's room for improvement in my game, but now regularly shooting scores that are keeping my average in the low 60's, which is much better than the mid 70's I was averaging after making the Master tier.

It's a matter of time and practising, but your game will improve again to a point where you're shooting much better scores than ever did as a pro. Just keep at it, and don't get too disheartened if your average shoots up.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 6:32 PM

every week we hear about this, It has happened to many on here. While not the same as you I think I made master way to early. Ziggy is right, do not become disheartened. Work your way through it and do not worry about your average.

• Oleblueyes
    7 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:34 AM

I just made Master after about 3 weeks on this game! What are the challenges that I will face from making this jump? I am assuming longer holes, but are there other aspects of the game that will change?

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 2:18 PM

putting!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:19 PM

Without changing your driver your approach shots will be with clubs 1-2 longer going into Very Fast greens. The accuracy of your clubs starts to make a difference. GL

• PAGES
RSS