Forums

Help › Forums

Tournament time expired while I was playing

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 25 2017 7:41 AM (9 replies)
  • Waquoitwonder
    66 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2013 8:52 AM

I was having the round of my brief WGT career, something like -7 on St. Andrews in a tourney at my country club - Boston's Best New Players. I was lining up a birdie putt on 18 when a pop up box informed me that time had expired for completing this tournament. Not only did I lose the wonderful (for me) score I had posted thus far as well as using up a portion of the ball durability, but the entire round was erased and I was not allowed to finish the round. 

WGT might want to think about tournament time frames. Rather than closing out a round at the expiration of time, use the time expiration to the point at which anew round or qualifying round in the tourney cannot begin. Extremely frustrating to see all that great scoring count for nothing and especially so since I was one putt  (maybe two) away from my best round ever!! Putts were fallling, chips were close....argggh!!

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2013 11:15 AM

This has been brought up hundreds of times and it is not going to change. Don't start a tournament unless you are going to be able to finish it on time. The tourney may have 'ended' while you were on the second hole... the 'tournament has ended' message does not display until you hit your last shot. So, on the bright side, you would have made that last putt. 

Cheers

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2013 2:15 PM

I just LOVE this short moment of dispense delay at a difficult putt on the 18th - IN!!

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2013 2:21 PM

I wonder if when the tournament time as expired while playing, does the manipulation also expire, as if you read through similar posts in these forums , everyone of them seems to be having the round of their lives.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2013 2:26 PM

1) Those with bad rounds will be glad that they didn't count and not complain here :)

2) The clock check is done at the last shot - notice that wee delay - thus the game cannot change on this then-unknown event.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2013 3:50 PM

There was some discussion with either Pizza or Shoe, about trying to get WGT to put a count down game clock on the scorecard.

Might be time to repost it under product suggestions.

• Waquoitwonder
    66 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:54 AM

I am a relative newcomer to WGT and so did not know about this quirky time expiration logic. Forgive me if this is old news to you veterans out there, but I am not sure why WGT programmers cannot modify this rule and design tournament expirations to be more like the real deal: In a real golf tournament, your "expiration" follows your missed tee time. If I show up at 3 PM for a 2 PM tee time, the starter and tourney officials say,"Sorry you're DQed. See at the next tour stop."

The current expiration logic is not anywhere near close to the real golf tournament experience. For a site that purports to offer the most realistic online golf game experience, one might hope that this small provision and change to the WGT rules of tournament golf would be an easy and logical fix. 

And if this isn't a consideration, why not? What is the logic and reasoning behind the current logic? 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:05 AM

It tells you the finish time for each tournament, you just have to check. It's always been that way and I don't think that they'll change it just for you.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:14 AM

Waquoitwonder:
    And if this isn't a consideration, why not? What is the logic and reasoning behind the current logic? 

Say you entered with 5 minutes remaining...went to bed, woke up, went to work and were sent out of town for a week...etc...what you're suggesting would keep the tourney from closing until you completed your round or WD'ed.

Think of the "time to end" as pitch black darkness IRL.

• mdoberenz25
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 7:41 AM

MBaggese:

Waquoitwonder:

Say you entered with 5 minutes remaining...went to bed, woke up, went to work and were sent out of town for a week...etc...what you're suggesting would keep the tourney from closing until you completed your round or WD'ed.

Think of the "time to end" as pitch black darkness IRL.

That's really not the case here. After you are kicked off, there is still time left on the clock. This usually happens on the last hole.

RSS