Forums

Help › Forums

Drawing and fading

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 2 2010 2:48 PM (3 replies)
  • Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:17 PM

Trying to find out more about drawing and fading.  Search of past posts seems to suggest it is not a strong feature in current shot making in the program i.e. a hit on the meter left or right of centre hits the ball left or right but not with much or any bend.  This strategy can be used to hold the ball against the wind.

I have found one way to draw and fade but it is high risk.  Clicking the meter at the start or end of the shot box seems to give a significant draw or fade.  The risk is that you have to move the aiming triangle, two triangle widths to the right or left this will draw or fade the ball down the middle of the right or left half of the fairway with a noticeable bend.  Problem miss it and you are deep in the rough with a straight shot.

I would be interested if there are other more effective and less radical techniques.  I am relatively new at this game and I am aware that there has been prob been much discussion.  Anyone care to up date me?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 1:08 PM

Hi Seeker-While there is no actual fade/draw function here the next best thing, missing to simulate it, won't show you the actual bend of the shot but the end result is as if you actually had faded or drawn the ball.

BPB#2 is a good example. You can draw the ball around those trees and land in the left side of the fairway by missing early. The degree depends on the wind. The ball doesn't actually curve around the trees, it appears to go through them but the result is as if it had bent around the tree line.

You can also pick up yardage off the tee by missing in the direction of the wind but this requires aiming like the example, sometimes with disastrous results.  :-)

*edit* original post had #3

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 2:42 PM

YankeeJim:
    BPB#3 is a good example. You can draw the ball around those trees and land in the left side of the fairway by missing early.

When did they plant trees on the par 3?  LOL.  Just busting your chops YJ.  Pretty certain you are referring to #2.  :-P

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 2:48 PM

jakestanfill7:
    When did they plant trees on the par 3?  LOL.  Just busting your chops YJ.  Pretty certain you are referring to #2.

LOL-Try that on #3 and you'll be in the trees for sure. You're right, Jake.

RSS