Help › Forums

please help!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:47 PM (4 replies)
  • richardjohnmott
    164 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:29 PM

Hi all.

I am a new member, been playing just under a week and completely bitten! But i'm having a few issue's , does the lie of the ball affect the direction of the flignt of the ball. I.E. I'm  on the fairway hit a true shot yet the ball still moves off in a different direction fom the target. Any help much appreciated,many thanks

Cheers

• nicknaron
    21 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:38 PM

Most likely due to wind or if youre referring to after the ball lands than could be the break of the fairway or green. As far as the lie of the ball goes in reference to if youre on a slope or something similiar... those types of lies do not effect direction of the bal that I am aware of. I heard talk about one day a possible upgrade to that but as it stands I'm pretty sure it hasnt happened.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:43 PM

Hi Richard,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game! =)

The lie does not directly affect the direction of the ball flight.  The lie does affect distance, but there is a reason you're seeing some shots that don't go straight down the line even on a dinged shot.  You're experiencing the effects of low precision clubs.

The beginner clubs have a low precision rating, in fact they have virtually no precision at all.  Precision controls your accuracy on every shot.  Imagine it's like a circle that surrounds the flagstick when you aim at it.  The size of that circle is related to the precision rating.  The higher the rating the smaller the circle.  Your ball can land anywhere in the circle on a dinged shot (left or right, long or short).  It will ALWAYS land in the circle on a ding shot, though sometimes it may land in the center of the circle and sometimes it may land on the very outer edge or anywhere in between.

Forgiveness dictates how far that circle is shifted left or right on mishits.  Beginner clubs have average forgiveness, so mishits will cause that circle to shift right or left some depending on the severity of the mishit.

We've created the game this way to prevent players from firing shot after shot within inches of the flag every time.  Dinging the meter is easy compared to swinging a real golf club, so precision introduces a little variance in your play so we can avoid scores in the high 30's and mid-to-low 40's for 18 holes like some other games.

Lastly, you are using the WGT Beginner clubs which we really do not recommend for competitive play.  Those clubs were designed to get people through the initial tutorial and to give players a basic idea of what the game expects.  All players have a full WGT Starter set in their inventory as well when they start the game.  The WGT Starters are a little longer on each club, have a little bit of precision and better forgiveness than the Beginners do.  The trade off is that they have a faster meter, so it's a little harder to ding the line.  I would recommend equipping your WGT Starter clubs and playing with those instead of the Beginners.

Good Luck. =)

• richardjohnmott
    164 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:47 PM

Thanks Nick,

My reference was that my ball was  on a slope, dont think it was the wind and it happens right after contact, this only happens intermittently!  although not a major headache, just annoying. I,m wondering if upgrading my clubs might help as i'm still using the beginners set.

• richardjohnmott
    164 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:50 PM

WGTniv.

Thanks just answered my own question, before reading your post.

RSS