Forums

Help › Forums

Editing or Cancelling a CC Tournament

Tue, Jul 18 2023 5:46 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2013 7:52 PM

I know I'm not the first to suggest this but I want to mention it again because it seemed everyone is/was very positive about the idea but it hasn't been implemented yet?

It would be good to have the option for CC owners or the host of a tournament to cancel or edit a tournament after creating one.

Just last night I created a tournament and when I hit create a message told me that a description was required, when I put in the description the system changed my trophy cup choice back to the default which I didn't want. I only noticed once I'd hit create.

I would have liked to edit or cancel the tournament. It's not a big deal but it would be useful to be able to have this feature.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 4:34 AM

I still can't believe this option isn't available. So many tournaments get created yet no feature to edit or cancel if you make a mistake. Something so simple and useful.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:55 AM

hi

it's not as easy as it sounds to be able to cancel the tourney. I am not sure whats involved but I know it's not as simple as that.

I suspect it went default because you did not have description, so it reverted to base settings.

-wgticon

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2013 11:38 AM

WGTicon:

hi

it's not as east as it sounds to be able to cancel the tourney. I am not sure whats involved but I know it's not as simple as that.

I suspect it went default because you did not have description, so it reverted to base settings.

-wgticon

thanks WGTicon - Actually I didn't mind it reverting to the base settings my frustration is not being able to do anything about it.

I understand your point about it not being as simple and can see why up to a point. Here is a post I made on the topic on another thread:

PRStevenson:

1.  Please could they add a very useful and simple feature which would really help a lot. The option to cancel or edit a CC tournament (which has NOT been entered by any players).

There's nothing more frustrating than creating a tournament and making a simple mistake but it's stuck there and you can't get rid of it. This option could be put in the Owners Tools section.

2.   If there is a good reason why it can't be cancelled or edited, perhaps an alternative would be the option to hide the CC tournament so members won't play it.

3.   Failing that the very least that could be done would be to insert a 'Do you want to continue? - YES / NO' prompt when you click the ' Create Tournament' button. I know players need to be careful when creating tournaments but mistakes can happen and frequently do.

• kinggolfdog
    9 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 1:01 PM

I have to agree with this one, I have created a few dozen tournaments with no errors, until now. Now I either fat fingered something or a glitch occurred and now cannot remove or edit the error i just created. Can we have a way to fix this?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2015 12:04 AM

Bounce.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2015 7:31 AM

If an owner can cancel a *bracket tourney* why not any other?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2015 11:08 AM

SamanthaWho:

If an owner can cancel a *bracket tourney* why not any other?

hi

it's a guess but brackets came up much later, so we probably had that functionality built in, while not for other. It maybe a while before other options are done, if it's even possible.

-wgticon

• IrmaLamy
    2,981 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2015 2:53 PM

Errare est humane

Yes but how about to verify before you hit the button create, if multirounds check all of them and then click the create button.

But agree that an "EDIT" option for CC-owners would a wee help on this topic.

Now what should be included in this "Edit" option:

Change, Yes

Cancel, maybe

Delete, No

If you get the change to edit it no need to be able to delete it and therefore is the cancel option of any good.

So a YES on the *EDIT - Change" tournament settings

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2015 8:50 PM

This is now needed more than ever as people make tournaments that can't be played because of the blue screen issue.  Pretty soon you run out of slots.

• PAGES
RSS