Help › Forums

Tiger Woods vs. Sergio Gracia

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 27 2013 6:17 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2013 9:08 AM

was watchin 3rd round of the players championship live on t.v....sergio has 3 wood in hand and just about to go for the green on the par 5 2nd hole i think it was....he blasts it mad right into the tree's and he straight away looks to his left in utter disgust...i thought at the time he was mad at a spectator, but it turns out, it was because tiger was pulling a club out of his bag on his downswing....this is how this all started, so i blame tiger for windin him up in the first place, but of course there's no defending the chicken statement he came out with.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2013 2:22 PM

Quote:

The newspaper said Garcia released a statement through the European Tour: ``I apologise for any offence that may have been caused by my comment on stage during The European Tour Players' Awards dinner. I answered a question that was clearly made towards me as a joke with a silly remark, but in no way was the comment meant in a racist manner.''

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2013 3:03 PM

courtney, i heard  it, too many times.  Not a tiger hater but certainly is hard to root "for" him ever again - sergio aint much better in my opinion.  

Cabrera!  he da man

• hooks4u2
    416 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 12:30 PM

courteneyfish:

I'm on the side of the player that doesn't shout "M*th*rf*ck*r" in front of kids when he hits a bad shot.

im sure those kids aren't immune to vulgar language in today's society. i,m not sure if tiger asked to be a role model, but he is and always,s will be the best on the planet no matter how you look at it. when i hit a bad shot i cuss too and i don't play golf  for a living. lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 1:39 PM

stevenharkin:
    i thought at the time he was mad at a spectator, but it turns out, it was because tiger was pulling a club out of his bag on his downswing....this is how this all started,

That wasn't on Tiger, the official on the scene told him Garcia had already hit. Garcia just plain doesn't have what it takes mentally. Just ask him, he'll tell you.  LOL

I think Garcia's just PO'd he picked MS Links and Tiger went EA.  :-D

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 2:00 PM

I hate to say this but racism in Spain is about as rare as rain in Scotland.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 2:14 PM

YJ- You are mistaken. It WAS on Tiger. The official on scene told Tiger that Garcia had hit AFTER Tiger had already pulled the club and caused the commotion.

http://www.businessinsider.com/marshals-say-tiger-didnt-lie-in-sergio-feud-2013-5?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+businessinsider%2Fsportspage+%28Sports+Page%29

That said, the episode is a poor reflection on both players. The sooner it is put behind them the better.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 5:28 PM

srellim234:

YJ- You are mistaken. It WAS on Tiger. The official on scene told Tiger that Garcia had hit AFTER Tiger had already pulled the club and caused the commotion.

http://www.businessinsider.com/marshals-say-tiger-didnt-lie-in-sergio-feud-2013-5?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+businessinsider%2Fsportspage+%28Sports+Page%29

That said, the episode is a poor reflection on both players. The sooner it is put behind them the better.

Definitely a he said-he said moment. Who's lying? More than likely a couple of loser officials trying to cover their butts after the fact. I believe what Tiger said directly at the end of the round on camera. Better yet, who cares besides Garcia?  He has to have something to blame for his total lack of focus on the prize. JMO, jaded as it is.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 5:45 PM

YankeeJim:
    Garcia just plain doesn't have what it takes mentally. Just ask him, he'll tell you.  LOL

I know, Garcia has said that himself lately.

Maybe TIger did f ck up his shot but I don't think he meant to. I think Sergio is still sore about that 5 footer he missed for the British Open win years ago.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 6:17 PM

YJ- not so much a he-said, she-said moment. Initially the other officials on site indicated that Tiger was lying about the incident. The link I put up is from additional officials on site who were involved and apparently out of earshot of the first ones. It still all took place after Tiger had pulled the club. As clear as the descriptions are from the officials, it just appears that Tiger has the sequence of events wrong. In this instance, with limited view from where he was, I don't believe it was intentional on Tiger's part.

Based on their histories Sergio lacks mental strength. Tiger lacks integrity. Take your pick.

• PAGES
RSS