Forums

Help › Forums

The Country Club

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 19 2010 6:22 AM (7 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 2:12 PM

The Valencia CC is in my ownership and is nascent at this point. The problem is, while I have interested parties that wish to become involved, I have no clue as how to make it possible. Some invited, others wanting to join. I do not understand nor do I see the button to push to say "yay or nay". I admit to being stupid with computors. Niv, will you help me?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 2:27 PM

Hi SP,

The easiest way to get people involved with your country club is to visit their profile.  Click the INVITE TO COUNTRY CLUB link at the top of their profile once.  This will send an invitation to the email they used to register their account.  I also recommend dropping a note on the person's profile (or send a PM) just to let them know you sent an invite and to check their email.

From there, the player just needs to go to their email inbox to retrieve the invite itself.  Once they find the email they should log in to WGT and then click the confirmation link that came in the email.  Once they click the link it automatically adds them to your club.

That's all there is to it.  The process is rather simple, but I recommend going one or two players at a time in the beginning so you can get used to doing it.  You'll be a pro in no time.

If a player does not receive the email invitation it usually means they have either mistyped their email or used an incorrect email in their account information.  Have them double their account info to make sure the email listed is correct.  Some email providers may automatically forward emails from WGT to a spam or junk folder.  If your invitees cannot find their invitations have them check those folders too and if necessary, have them set up an exception to allow emails from members@worldgolftour.com.

If the player is not logged to WGT when they click the confirmation link it can also cause a problem, so make sure they are fully logged in before they click the email link to confirm.

Good Luck =)

• Villun
    20 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:01 PM

I am trying to invite friends to join MY club - but some of my WGT friends are not listed on my "invite" list -- any suggestions?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:06 PM

Hi Villun,

Unfortunately, the invitation section only lists your first 10 or 20 friends right now.  Instead of doing it that way just go to your friend's profile and click the INVITE TO COUNTRY CLUB button at the top.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:21 PM

Im sorry, but I like simple. I have 4 people pending, I want them all. How do I make them memberes of the club. HOW? Simple...that was the question...simple...good God.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:25 PM

The people you invited have to check their email and accept the request to join your club.

• Nudger147
    7 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 1:30 PM

What happens if the "invitee" is a total muppet and deletes your email?

As the club owner I am unable to re-send the invite as WGT states that an invite link has already been sent.

My mates are a tad simple - ha ha!

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 6:22 AM

Hey Nudger,

You have to go to the CC membership list and scroll down to his name... It should show the request still pending.  Click the X on the right to delete the request and then you can re-send it.  It should re-issue the e-mail.

Cheers

RSS