Forums

Help › Forums

Starter Clubs Need To Be Improved

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:10 AM (5 replies)
  • Rocket180
    44 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 1:00 PM

I feel very disapointed as a newish player on this game that when i try to play alot of the course that most of the par 4 are out of reach even if i hit a driver and a 3 wood there still unreachable the starter/beginner clubs i currently have, i feel this very poor and ruins the game play, as when you watch any golf on Sky/BBC very very rarely to the professional players struggle to reach the par 4's into 2 shots which makes this game very unrealistic

• Rocket180
    44 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 1:11 PM

I understand that the makers if this game wanna make money out of  selling the clubs/balls, but i feel very disapointed as a guy that cant afford and doesn't wanna spend £40 on clubs and balls that on alot of the par 4 holes on most courses that when you take a driver off the tee you can't actually each the fairway, which is very unrealistic and you claim this is a very realsitic game.

in 2 shots as my driver and 3wood go around 425yards and less than 400 wind against and when your playing par 4 holes which have a yardage of around 450 i also find this very unrealistic.

i believe to make this golf game a more realaistic game for everybody the starter clubs are fine accept the driver needs to be upgraded to a yardage of around 250yards and the 3wood upgrade to around 225yards so that the par 4's are reachable for everybody

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 1:17 PM

Hi Rocket,

We don't start players off as "Pros" in this game.  You start off as a hack golfer with a very cheap set of clubs, much like most people do in real life.  First time golfers aren't hitting 275 yard drives (the average amateur golfer still only hits about 230y) and they aren't pulling strings on their approaches.  Those skills usually take a lot of practice, time and investment into better equipment.  Again, much like real life.

You can earn credits to upgrade your equipment by participating in our weekly and monthly tournaments.  There are a couple of different ways that players can obtain credits right now and this blog post covers all of the various options, including buying them outright.

Good Luck =)

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 1:30 PM

I understand what you are saying.  My solution to this would be to give a player a new set of starter clubs when they make pro and master.  These clubs would go about 10 yards longer with each progression, the woods anyway, maybe 5 on the irons.  That way a pro and master would have the option to play with starter clubs that can at least hit it out to about 250 off the tee.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 3:51 PM

WGTniv:

Hi Rocket,

We don't start players off as "Pros" in this game.  You start off as a hack golfer with a very cheap set of clubs, much like most people do in real life.  First time golfers aren't hitting 275 yard drives (the average amateur golfer still only hits about 230y) and they aren't pulling strings on their approaches.  Those skills usually take a lot of practice, time and investment into better equipment.  Again, much like real life.

You can earn credits to upgrade your equipment by participating in our weekly and monthly tournaments.  There are a couple of different ways that players can obtain credits right now and this blog post covers all of the various options, including buying them outright.

Good Luck =)

Niv I wish I could hit it 230. I'm lucky on a good day anymore to get 200. But that's what happens when you get old. Thank God for a really good short game. On a side note if my short game on here was as good as my real life short game I would be knocking the door on The Open qualifier but as it is i'm lucky to make par.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:10 AM

TarheelsRule:

I understand what you are saying.  My solution to this would be to give a player a new set of starter clubs when they make pro and master.  These clubs would go about 10 yards longer with each progression, the woods anyway, maybe 5 on the irons.  That way a pro and master would have the option to play with starter clubs that can at least hit it out to about 250 off the tee.

Great idea, and a new one at that.  But if the problem is distance look at the WGT Tour Pro Club Set, I play with those irons and the whole set is about ten bucks.  However if you don't want to buy credits, you can complete offers for credits and the best part is some are surveys so no credit card needed.

http://wgt.com/user/offers.aspx

RSS