Forums

Help › Forums

Master clubs?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 20 2010 1:11 AM (3 replies)
  • mstrat12
    101 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 7:11 AM

I recently moved to master. I tried to play in a stroke play tourney.

WGT said I didnt have master clubs so I couldnt play

I have a master driver. Do I need to be equiped with all master clubs to play at the master level in these stroke play tournament

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 11:34 AM

Hi mstrat,

It's actually the other way around.  You may have just made the Master Tier, but there are active events that you entered while you were still in the Pro Tier.  If you entered the event as a Pro then you stay to compete as a Pro until the event is over.  While you're still competing as a Pro in those events you will not be allowed to use Master clubs.  This prevents you from gaining an advantage over the players that are still Pro and cannot use Master clubs.

You will compete as a Master for any events that you enter from this point forward (or any regular rounds that you play) and you will be able to use Master Tier clubs.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 12:30 PM

LOL   niv     you have  answered that sooo   many times in just the last few week.     just a copy and paste thing now huh.   maybe  there should be a requirment to read the forum prior to playing  for the day,  might help alot more people.

• Bigfoot49uk
    59 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 1:11 AM

Maybe WGT could program some sort of warning re this when you move tier to Master. I became a Master and didn't even notice until I got the warning re clubs when entering a comp.

RSS