Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont Championship...I will take it, but I am not happy

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 13 2010 6:30 PM (3 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 2:00 PM

On a calm warm day in PA I got the putter going.  Unfortunately my irons were just a hair off.  Trying to hit my spots to leave makeable putts, I missed a few shots just a little to end up in the rough, but gave myself some good looks at birdie and just lipped or came a hair short on 3 of the chips.

The putter, today my trusty old friend (at least today) came up huge.  I wish I could have recorded every putt.  So I will take my 64 at Oakmont, and know I will get destroyed by the ringers, but I am damn happy about 9 putts on the front, and 21 overall.  15 1 putts on tourney greens, and 3 2 putts, only one of the those leading to a bogey.  The birdie on 18 was sweet, 190 out in 30-40% rough, left it 7.3ft passed the hole for a slight gentle 3 inch downhill double breaker.  The bogey on #3 was due to 70-80% light brush.

The front was little rough after starting the way I did, so I made the best of what i had.

But, oh, it could have been so much more.

[View:http://wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:450:0]

[View:http://wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:450:0]

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 2:05 PM

Neil-See that 550 at the bottom of the picture of your scorecard? In the window where you insert the card in your post change that 550 to 450 so we can see the whole thing. 

p.s., 64 is nothing to sniff at-good round.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 2:23 PM

I can see the whole thing at 550, but will do.

• OFCOURSEITSTIGHT
    27 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 6:30 PM

I double bogeyd the last hole due to meter spike on the tee.card is on my blogg.Theres a million and 1 hard luck stories out there honey but no one wants to hear about them and almost every player knows they could have done better.Good luck in the next round and rember your not the only one,:):)xx

RSS