Help › Forums

meter wont work

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:17 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 6:55 PM

Once again an update screws the game when i take a shot (or try to) i drag the meter up, then release it but when i try to click again it wont running out the timer and costing me shots as i can progress no further.

Fix this please

Ive sent report and cleared all caches etc

THX CSC

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 10:27 PM

Hi CSC,

When you are unable to click the mouse are you playing using the new full screen mode button?

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 3:10 PM

No Niv im playn the same way i always have in full screen. When i try to click the mouse to stop the meter it doesnt work, it just slides right through. It was happening to heaps of us at the ladders.

CSC

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 3:13 PM

When you let go of the power, does the mouse freeze completely while the meter passes through?  Or is it just not recognizing the click, but you can still move it?

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 3:23 PM

I Was experiencing this a few days ago and only a little now,,The meter is very nice and extremely Stable but the click seems to delay a little.so you click to stop like you normally do but it slides about 8 or 9 pixels past, that's how it feels ,,,Like its sliding past the impact point,

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 3:26 PM

Preistess,

If you're using the full screen mode button it will cause some lower-end PC's to see a delay in the swing click.  I experience this is as well because this PC is on it's way out. It only happens when I use the full screen button and doesn't occur on my other (better) PC.  Otherwise in non-full screen the timing seems appropriate from this end, even just now during a 3-hole practice run.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 3:59 PM

The meter just slides through i have no control at all after the swing initiation. The screen enlargement button doesn't do anything , why is it there at all.

Its not my pc its the bloody update i have a top end system and am familiar with what processes are running.

Every time these new features are added it screws something its a joke truly.

Ps why a screen enlargement button they are built into our systems ive always played on a full screen, seems a huge waste of time and money to me when there are much greater issues to be fixed.

The end is near its true we all do not play by the same rules.

If you want to truly improve the game, implement a true draw - fade feature it will improve the look of your new trail blazer balls, crap are your programmers children.

Soon to leave charlie 

Ha Ha Ha Just read in another post players having trouble due to full screen mode thats BS ive always played in full screen mode and that is not the cause.

• KorySucks
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 4:07 PM

Charlie try a different browser and try releasing your cookies.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 4:32 PM

why does it not work like it did for the last six months now i cant even play a hole it just freezes its a joke im about to quite this site ive had the lies and BS 

UPDATE = Screwed game 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 4:37 PM

Charlie,

Most players do not play in full screen.  The only way to play in full screen prior to the update 2 days was by using the F11 button and most players do not know that exists.  Full screen mode in your browser is different then full screen mode in the flash player.  Hitting F11 makes the browser take over full screen responsibility.  Using the button in the interface makes the Flash Player take over full responsibility.  It is entirely possible to have issues with the Flash full screen mode and not have issues with the browser full screen.  My low-end PC has flash full screen issues, but no F11 full screen issues.

If the update was causing a problem then it would be a universal problem experienced by all users.  If the error was in fact on our end then it's not possible for some users to be experiencing a problem and other users not to be.  Not while everyone is executing the same code, it just can't happen.  I have two PCs with entirely different setups.  One is low-end (this one) and the other is higher-end and neither is experiencing the problem you are describing.  If there was a problem with the update then both PC's would see it.  My low-end PC has it's fair share of issues, but I also know that it is my PC and my hardware that is causing it.  I know this is true because I have another PC to compare it to.

I'm sorry that you think we're lying and that you don't like to hear that the problem is local to your machine, but if instead you would try to work with us (perhaps by sending an email and asking someone to help you look over the problem) then we might be able to help with figuring out what's causing the issue for you.  Continuing to assert that things are wrong on our side when all of the evidence is suggesting otherwise is only going to make for a frustrating experience for you.

I'd recommend sending an email to members@worldgolftour.com.  Explain the situation, your PC setup and what's going on as clearly and concisely as possible.  I'm sure they'll be happy to try and help figure things out for you, but if you don't at least make an attempt to get help then your frustration may never go away.

That's the best advice I can offer and I hope you at least consider it.  I'm sorry that you are experiencing an issue with the game.  We will try to help you if you are interested.

• PAGES
RSS