Help › Forums

Can't hit ball in new full screen mode

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 30 2010 1:00 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • funstuff
    35 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:46 AM

The new full screen option (via the new bottom right icon)  is one of those things that make you say hum. I was hoping for a true, full wide screen visual treat, but instead I got a blurred image that only filled the screen thanks to a wintry pair of anticlimactic white margins. Better stick with the F11 full screen function key for the time being.

Mind you, I understand the blurred image, tho I deplore it for my sake, since the enlarged image, even uncompressed and non-compromised, is well handled by my system. But for PC's with smaller resources, this may prove necessary. Still, must we resort to a single option that only caters to the lowest denomination?

Anyway, the new full screen option (via the new bottom right icon) still needs A LOT OF WORK, with all due respect for WGT.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:52 AM

After clicking on the new full screen option in the lower right corner of the game client window I could not click in the blue area to hit the ball.  Bug log submitted. (could not click in the bug log window either in full screen).  Both caches were cleared beforehand.

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 5:17 AM

More extra unnecessary screen clutter. 

Who needs a volume mute for a golf game? As funstuff said, F11 works a whole lot better if you want to go fullscreen.

Whats next WGT? Advertisements painted on the greens?....Oooopps, I shouldn't have said that.

Please remove these useless buttons that are a waste of screen-space.

Not only that, but they placed the buttons in probably the most used spot on the screen besides the swing meter. Right where the reverse view was formerly located.

This reminds me of the time with the remove flag-stick option, when it was right where you grabbed the aiming marker. They finally changed it that time and I hope they get rid of these buttons or make them a removeable option.

One of the things I like about the WGT playing screen is it's lack of clutter.  I hope they don't go down the road of adding more useless junk and/or advertisements on this screen.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 6:16 AM

Useless buttons. I tried the zoom when putting, but it does not allow an actual putt, all you can do is view in zoom mode. Big deal.

What next; an ESPN-like scroll bar at the bottom, telling us who this game is brought to you by ?

• gonavehaiti
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 6:25 AM

well whenever i put on full screen i can't hit the ball help me  plz!!!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 6:26 AM

I like having a mute button on the game client window.  It allows me to easily shut  off the background music when in the game menu screen and turn on the 'heartbeat' sound when going into a CTTH.  Thanks for the addition WGT!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 7:07 AM

Love the mute button ... don't care about the full screen ... to little to matter

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 7:07 AM

blackbeard:
    Useless buttons. I tried the zoom when putting, but it does not allow an actual putt, all you can do is view in zoom mode.

Strange, I always putt and chip in reverse view and have had no problems with it today.

*edit  Unless you were using one of the cameras, that has never worked.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 7:26 AM

seems to be in a weird mood today, or the WGT button man is mad at me

I mean really really mad

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 8:05 AM

Agreed 100%

I do like the options. (except for the white border on the native full screen!) but abhor the placement of the icons!

• PAGES
RSS