Help › Forums

Putting

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:20 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Superman455
    73 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:32 PM

Can someone tell me what this means.  Next time you go to putt draw the putter back to the point that you want to hit it..when you get there hold it for some seconds.  you will see the lines draw closer together on the meter.  Can someone tell me what this means or if is helping or hurting  thanks

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:49 AM

As those lines move closer together any mishits are more severe as the 'sweet' spot is shrinking.

Happy hitting

• montauk9
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 7:35 AM

the game has serious problems in the putting area  its a great game but its nuts the way everything pulls left and you cant hit a putt from a foot away

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 10:11 AM

Montauk9, This games putting is not that difficult once you get enough putts under your belt.  We all felt the pain the first bunch of rounds.  The 30ft meter on the free putter doesn't help much with the short putts.  Think about an upgrade.

I am assuming you live in or near montauk, montauk9.  How the fish biting?  I am heading out in the next week and debating on fishing or hitting the downs.

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 1:37 PM

Agree with neil..Putting is pretty rock solid :)Lol its the only thing keeping my weak average at weak instead of pathetic!

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 4:23 AM

Putting the short putts. Actually the short puts (7 ft or less) is pretty easy. Most of them you just drawback and force the putt in and do not have to worry about the elevation or slope changes. Sometimes on the 2 feet foot with a severe downhill from the side you putt 3 feet speed and about 1/4 angle left or right depending on the position of the ball.

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 5:19 AM

Putting is about to make me quit this game - not really because I don't understand how it works, but it's just frustrating to miss almost EVERY putt by 1 or sometimes less than 1"...  my distance is spot on, I have no problems with distance - it's the break that I can't figure out...  inside of 10' I'm pretty solid...  but since most of my birdie putts seem to be of the 25 to 30' variety (another issue driving me nuts), I'm just not making anything...

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 5:25 AM

I think everyone goes through this, especially if you move up through the ranks really quickly. I have learnt that you have to take notes and I mean notes. Always look at the putt from the reverse angle as well. Often you can read the green better from the reverse view. I do understand your frustration, there are times I often ask myself WTF....

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 6:30 AM

RChapman2010:

Putting is about to make me quit this game - not really because I don't understand how it works, but it's just frustrating to miss almost EVERY putt by 1 or sometimes less than 1"...  my distance is spot on, I have no problems with distance - it's the break that I can't figure out...  inside of 10' I'm pretty solid...  but since most of my birdie putts seem to be of the 25 to 30' variety (another issue driving me nuts), I'm just not making anything...

Yes at times it is very hard to read the greens correctly but I can't count the times I lined up mu putt the way I thought it would break then missed the ding by a lot and said damn only to watch the ball track right into the hole. All in all it seems to average out.

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 7:07 AM

Yes, I must admit, I have made more than a few putts in that fashion (and maybe a few birdies, too), so yes, I agree with you on that... 

And I've had somewhat of an epiphany after my meltdown last night, and I guess that ultimately one has to try and realize that while there may indeed be a mathematical (and why is Windows telling me that word is misspelled? Edit: It's because it was. Oy.) solution to every putt, all we have is our intuition and faith that it will go in... 

So...  with that all said, I'm gonna try again today and see what happens...   I know I don't suck at the game like I always say I do - my heart is just so much stronger than my skills... 

Please, invite me to play sometimes - I need the butt-kicking and the love the company.

• PAGES
RSS