Forums

Help › Forums

Pin Placements

Mon, Jun 28 2010 11:46 PM (4 replies)
  • EK4X4
    21 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:29 PM

Even though I signed up for this game quite a while ago, I have only been playing it since 1/10. I played Links, in its various versions for about 12 years. Granted, WGT is far and away a better product, at least from the graphics end of the spectrum, I do wish that they could have designed the game to have a variety of random pin placements, as Links did, to make the courses even more challenging. Some guys have gotten so good, that not changing pin placements has enhanced their abilities more. The average joes, such as myself would have been even more challenged with different pin positions. Is this even a possibility further down the line or is 1 pin position going to be it? Just curious.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 8:17 PM

Click on "Upcoming Product Releases"  over there---------->

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:00 PM

I think he means random for every round,  not just the two pin placements on BPB

• EK4X4
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:14 PM

yes wiz,

Links had the designers set up about 10 or more pin placements per hole so you never knew where the pin was going to be from round to round. I believe each pin was accorded a number, so that holes 1-18 would have pin 1 as the placement for that entire round. Or if the the random scheduler or whatever the program was pulled up # 8 pin placement prior to you starting the round, then the holes would all have the #8 placements for that round.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 11:46 PM

I understood what he meant , I was pointing him to what he could expect ,  as the "Coming Soon " (30 - 60) day  was just updated on 6 / 25 / 10 .

RSS