Forums

Help › Forums

Kiawah Weekly Multiround Open

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:31 AM (0 replies)
  • dargno
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:31 AM

Logged on this morning not expecting much.  Just a casual warm up session before going to the real tournaments.  I knew I flubbed the horse hockey out of my first round last week of the Weekly Multiround Open so I figured it would be a good way of warming up to go to the 2nd round and flub my way through that one.  Staying true to my expectations, I 3 putted on the 10th hole at Kiawah from within 4 foot for a bogey.  Again, not expecting much I kind of chuckled it off and went on to the next hole.  Par 5, 2nd shot I roll it up  next to the hole.  Putt it in for Eagle.  Now, I'm thinking.."Hmmmm.  Maybe?"   So I go for it.   The front 9 I netted a whopping 34.  Back 9 after everything was said and done come out to a 30.  I tell myself "Not bad at all for the back 9.  Could improve in some area's but not bad at all"   So, purely by chance, I just happen to hit the leaderboard icon at the end of my match.  My eyes prompted to pop out of my head.  1st place??  You're kidding me!  Now I realize its the first morning of the 2nd round and there are a lot of golfers to go yet that will probably outscore me but makes ya feel like maybe it'll be a good day by seeing my name on the 1st spot of the leaderboard.

RSS