Forums

Help › Forums

Visual 'Ding-aid'

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 9 2013 10:29 PM (0 replies)
  • gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 10:29 PM

Some of us suffer from 'ding'-avoidis - and I've found that this aid is helping me minimize the severity of mishits. The yellow square is a 'green-speed reminder token' (various speeds written along each edge of each side) that I had been placing in front of my hand-drawn meter rule. I noticed that it just filled in the space between between the meter's zero end, and the 'ding line if placed as shown.

For use as ding aid, I decide on club/putter-scale and power required, Take the back-swing % (power) required, and release 'downswing', immediately shifting my visual and mental focus on that yellow square. As the moving meter-bug enters the yellow zone on left end, quickly evaluate for smoothness (lift hand from mouse if erratic!), and click 'just' as meter-bug arrives at right end of the yellow token. 

Unlike my meter rule, the yellow speed token is not taped down, so I can move it for intentional 'off-ding' hits to combat cross-winds, to produce pushes, draws, fades, hooks or slices ... and ... as part of my UNEVEN LIES strategy.

It's working like a charm! It allows me to visually focus exclusively on the critical region around the ding line, which has improved my consistency by a large margin.

RSS