Forums

Help › Forums

Big Problem with WGT

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:32 AM (3 replies)
  • Dadd66
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:32 PM

I've got  a big problem with the wringer that WGT puts it's members through. Everyone that has been playing this system knows that they only make  better equipment available to you based on how far you've progressed in the game. That's problem #1. I'm currently ranked as a pro, but if I want to get a driver that has the potential for hitting the ball 300 yds., why should it be denied from me?? They play this silly little game that makes you advance from drivers that hit 225yds. and then 235yds, and so on. Same with balls and irons. In real life, I can hit a ball over 300 yds., and I'm basically a lousy golfer. But who are they to tell me I can't have the equipment I want right from the start. Speaking of drivers, that brings up problem #2. Like everyone else I started out as a hack, moved on to an amateur and eventually started shooting scores that qualified me as a pro. Then I made the big mistake of purchasing a "pro" driver. Suddenly every aspect of the game,not just driving, became MUCH more difficult. The tolerances for error became so intense that the steady improvement I was making hit a brick wall. All this happened right at a time when I was thinking that this was the best and most fun golf game I had ever played.  Now it's become a pain in the ass. It even cheats you on perfectly executed shots, with obviously inaccurate results. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the game?

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:25 AM

edited

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:40 AM

Dadd66:
    The tolerances for error became so intense that the steady improvement I was making hit a brick wall. All this happened right at a time when I was thinking that this was the best and most fun golf game I had ever played.  Now it's become a pain in the ass. It even cheats you on perfectly executed shots, with obviously inaccurate results. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the game?

Dadd-Save this quote and when you make Master come back and read it because you'll be going through the same thing then.

I ask you this. You were progressing through the game, learning what you had to do and so on, enjoying success. How long would it take you to get bored after having mastered every nuance here by having the ability or equipment to do it? The more you advance the harder it gets. The equipment gets better but is harder to use.

What you're calling a problem is actually not a problem but a way to keep you motivated to improve. Eventually the game, for you, will get to a point where your scores will reflect what you can actually do. How good you do it will always be a reflection of your ability, including the way you deal with stuff like "unexpected results." You'll see-save the quote. GL

• funstuff
    35 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:32 AM

Available equipment and related strike distances are in keeping with the tee placement for each tier. The more advanced you are, the further back you are to make your drive, and the bigger driver you need. No problem there, just logic and fairness.

RSS