Forums

Help › Forums

Future Courses

Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:17 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:25 AM

Got a surf during a boring day at work and found this in Wiki.

Future Courses

In line with its USGA tie-in, WGT has published a preview of the new courses that will be launched on the site in conjunction with the upcoming locations for the U.S. Open: Merion (2013), Pinehurst No.2 (2014), Chambers Bay (2015), Erin Hills (2017) and Pebble Beach (full course) (2019). Nothing new for what I heard during this one and half year but sounds amazing reading about Erin Hills for the 2017.

That's awesome and hope it's all true.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:34 AM

You left out the sites for the 2016 and 2018 U.S. Open.

Now go back to work... your boss is a WGT member, too.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:37 AM

2016 = Oakmont, which we already have.

2018 = Shinnecock Hills

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:41 AM

Doublemochaman:

You left out the sites for the 2016 and 2018 U.S. Open.

Now go back to work... your boss is a WGT member, too.

My boss is a dumbass and one day I'll fairway his microballs with a stuck driver.
    Believe me.

Now, by the way, that list was familiar but ever seen Erin Hills!
    Can Icon or Pizza confim that?

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 1:32 PM

Doublemochaman:

2016 = Oakmont, which we already have.

2018 = Shinnecock Hills

Could get the Ladies open course in 2016. That is how we got Oakmont.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:03 PM

Does anyone know if we might get Muirfield this year, site of The Open Championship?

I do remember it was mentioned once way back, but can't remember the status...

Thanks!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:08 PM

Corwyn:
    Does anyone know if we might get Muirfield this year, site of The Open Championship?

We can only hope.  

You can also see the future USGA Open courses mentioned above expected here by going to the Championship Zone from the game client and clicking the > to the right of Oakmont.  :-)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:54 PM

Fraenkel:
    Now, by the way, that list was familiar but never seen Erin Hills!
    Can Icon or Pizza confim that?

I will give you guys a little insight - courses, more so than other features in WGT, are EXTREMELY confidential in nature. The current status of a course in regards to "when will it be available" is not information the company is able to share very often, or easily.

It's not like a "Golf bag" or another feature that is created A-Z within WGT. Courses require a navigation of tricky legal waters and as a result the community is left hungry for information. I'm sorry about that :(

I don't have any information on "Erin Hills", or any other future course at the moment (other than what is already given in this thread), but I'll be sure to try to post any info as I receive it :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 12:36 AM

Some of the best golf course in the World are in Australia. Wgt should look Downunder :)

-Roger

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:22 AM

Corwyn:

I do remember it was mentioned once way back, but can't remember the status...

Thanks!

All we know is that MisterWGT said they were negotiating with Muirfield but has never said yes or no yet.

• PAGES
RSS