Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • johehejo
    277 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:57 PM

alosso:
    Jörg & Herbert have agreed to play together.

Yepp, 

We (wassernixe - johehejo) play in the evening (CET) our match. Big thanks to Hanswurst for the tips, thank again to Corwyn for lessons.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:12 AM

Nice going, David!

Keep this up, and you'll be in strong contention for the Most Improved Player award!

mnshiner:
    This is the best I can do folks. Still trying to get better. Lip-out on 9 caused a bogey.

... but there'll be competition from Shiner too, by the looks of it. Very nice +2 on the front, there, Shiner!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:25 AM

Corwyn:
    5th Groupbrhthecarpenter (Reese) //  Daboofness  //   mnshiner  //  hyena64 (David) //  Camotto  //  FairwayRuepel68  //  SPINO1  (Stu)  //  [Phaxda] (Phil)  //  [TeeWade]  (Tim)  //  MatildaIgaly

[many permutations are possible here, but I've tried to make things work for those that don't have the screenshot skills, half of this group. Thus I'm suggesting the following pairs: Tim & Reese; Stu & Phil; and David & Shiner; 
    There's been a request by Cam to play with FairwayRuepel instead, which would mean Mati & 
    Daboofness as the final pair. 

I just need to hear from Camotto or FairwayRuepel that they can handle the screenshots so that your pairing can work!!!

All right, I now have confirmation of this change in the final grouping:

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:47 AM

Corwyn:

Nice going, David!

Keep this up, and you'll be in strong contention for the Most Improved Player award!

mnshiner:
    This is the best I can do folks. Still trying to get better. Lip-out on 9 caused a bogey.

... but there'll be competition from Shiner too, by the looks of it. Very nice +2 on the front, there, Shiner!

Thanks for the compliment Corwyn, I had an excellent teacher the first two rounds. It must be the day for the back of the pack. Just shot this with two of the missed greens being on the fringe. Look out Hans! LoL
    sEKCy.png

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 2:53 PM

UNBELIEVABLE!

I really got on fire in this round, being -5 after 12 holes... my putter was burning hot, including two drained 30ft putts at 10 and 12. Only after a really dumb 3-putt bogey at 13, the thing cooled down slightly. Could hold my level after that and finished with a self-impressing 66. My playing partner showed some very solid golf and was just unlucky that way too many putts went just by the hole. Add 2 tough spots to that and it's a +3. No shame at all, was a real pleasure!

Cheers, Hans

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 3:15 PM

Hanswurst72:
    UNBELIEVABLE!

I'll say!

After 5 or 6 tries through the front nine, best I could muster was +2, very impressive with silly sticks and rocks!

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 3:15 PM

Hanswurst72:

UNBELIEVABLE!

I really got on fire in this round, being -5 after 12 holes... my putter was burning hot, including two drained 30ft putts at 10 and 12. Only after a really dumb 3-putt bogey at 13, the thing cooled down slightly. Could hold my level after that and finished with a self-impressing 66. My playing partner showed some very solid golf and was just unlucky that way too many putts went just by the hole. Add 2 tough spots to that and it's a +3. No shame at all, was a real pleasure!

Cheers, Hans

I have to say I've just witnessed the best round of golf I've ever seen on here.

Hans wasn't just draining putts but he was sticking his approaches inside 12ft on a regular basis.

I thought I was playing well and was solid for pars, but was getting sick of lipping out and skimming by for birdies, and inevitably the bogeys came before the way too late birdie on 17, which I ruined with another bogey on 18.

But Hans was just something else....a pleasure to have been a part of it.

Here's my fairway shot just to verify.....If you need others Corwyn I have them all.

• iMikeAllStar
    262 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:09 PM

I got a +7... played bad and was always short, dunno what happened...

Forgot to capture green screenshot and card screenshots so I'll hope seemorehair got the cards screenshots... so i cant even submit my score LOL

It was a bad day.

• seemorehair
    228 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:10 PM

Well, that was BRUTAL for me! Can't believe I shot a 34 in a practice rd. on f9. Just couldn't get distances right on approach shots.

RSS