Forums

Help › Forums

What the hell? 2 putts move 4 inches?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 17 2010 2:46 PM (4 replies)
  • TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 9:06 AM

playing usga qualifier sitting at -3 on 13 fringe. I hit long, ok thats my fault. Im left with a 30 ft putt 2 ft downhill so i use about 1/3 of the 15 meter dinged the putt twice and it rolled 2 inches? im not claiming a conspiracy to screw me or anything, its just plain wrong. This is the second damn time its happened during usga round. I sent bug report. Even if the damn shot was flat and i hit it 1/3 on the 15 meter it would roll farther than 2 inches. This game is becoming more and more ridiculous every time I play. It makes one want to start believing all the various conspiracy theories ( i still dont for the record) but that shot is so wrong, and very frustrating. Sent Bug reports both times. replay coming if i can figure out how to add it.

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 9:19 AM

oh well i cant figure it out. the last of the 2  two inch putts is in my profile, followed by another replay that i hit less than half on the 15 meter that rolled 17 ft past for bogey. then to top it all off somehow i ended my round when i thought it would save and restart ( which was my fault) lol this game is very irritating right now good luck all hit em straight

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:01 AM

Hi TDHarvey;

I refrain from using a putter on the fringe especially when you are dealing with a dramatic elevation change.  Its maddening, and I have left several putts on the fringe as a result.  Oakmont is not the only place where this happens. KIW, as well as BPB.   KIW, #13 left of the flag with an elevation of 5 inches above the cup 13 foot putt.  Its a glitch thats for sure, but one that can be avoided.  If I use a putter off the fringe I try to insure that the elevation change is at most 1-2 inches. Hope this helps.

Hit em straight and knock them stiff

Infinito

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 1:47 PM

Infinito,

Ive had it happen at the back left of BP 10 as well, I was just blowing off some steam. USGA qualifying is a beast and I was playing well until that point, but thats the breaks. Take care, thanks for the advice.

TD

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 2:46 PM

Exactly where it happen to me also.  The new pin placement on the fringe behind the hole.

RSS