Forums

Help › Forums

St. Andrews help?

Thu, Jun 17 2010 3:49 AM (8 replies)
  • RR1981
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 12:36 AM

I've managed to shoot 35 once on the front 9, but I'm having a heck of a time on 2 of the holes: 4, and 7. The only time i've been able to par these holes were when the wind was blowing out, helping me shoot far enough on my initial drive. Is there a better trick for the first drive on these holes? or do i just plain need to get a better set of clubs? I'm using the starter clubs that you get when you sign up.

tips/tricks?

thx.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 5:23 AM

RR1981:
    I'm using the starter clubs that you get when you sign up.

This would be why you're having difficulty, RR. You don't have to go crazy in the pro shop but investing in a decent driver will make life a lot easier on the courses. The Burner Beginner is a great start.  The Rapture V2 is the same with a little slower meter. GL

• RR1981
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 6:15 AM

Thanks for the reply... yea those both look like great clubs, but they cost quite a bit of credits and I only have 225. 150 for ranking up + 75 for a survey i did trying to get more credits. lol. I dont want to spend any real money for wgt credits.

I was thinkin of doin another survey or two for more credits and getting the Tour Pro 9.5° Driver for 300. is that a good one?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 11:17 AM

RR1981:

I was thinkin of doin another survey or two for more credits and getting the Tour Pro 9.5° Driver for 300. is that a good one?

RR, that is a fine purchase.

The increased distance will definitely help you off of the tee, and pretty soon you'll start seeing short approach shots landing closer to the hole which results in more birdies!

I actually think the Tour Pro 9.5°Driver was the first thing I ever purchased from WGT. Wow.

• TarheelsRule
    5,478 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 1:29 PM

The Rapture is a good driver as well, the issue you have on #7 at St Andrews is just not being able to clear the heavy rough, once you do it is a pretty easy hole.  #4 is just very long and difficult to putt.

• RR1981
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 7:01 PM

well i never can seem to qualify for that ampario survey.. and i did the travian games one but i never got credited for it :(

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 8:13 PM

TarheelsRule:
    the issue you have on #7 at St Andrews is just not being able to clear the heavy rough,
    RR , look on your mini-map , and consider playing the fairway to the left. Makes for a longer approach , but it's a decent angle and it'll keep you on the short grass.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 9:47 PM

real tight out of bounds there though,  try to keep it in the right side of the fairway

• RR1981
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 3:49 AM

thx AceFactor.. i was actually thinkin of that but never really tried it... i finally got enough credits from a survey to buy the Driver that can shoot about 245.. played it, and finally made par on that hole. lol

RSS