Help › Forums

Load Manager Error...load timeout

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 24 2010 4:19 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Script
    621 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 11:59 AM

Desperate for some suggestions....I just counted 5 of the above in the first 17% of loading Oakmont Qualifier.  Have the same issues with all other courses.  This is new in the last few days. I've encountered nothing like this before.  Tried all the clearing instructiions, etc. and nothing seems to make a difference.  Using Vista64 and Exp 8.  These have not changed since I joined a year ago.  Also have the same issue during play, which has basically stopped me from playing.  HELP!  Thanks.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 5:19 AM

Just wanted to thank WGT and all the experts out there for avoiding this post.  This has been a great virtual golf game.....wish I could continue to say that.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 5:33 AM

I looked around a bit and it seems that this is caused by corrupt files.

You say you have cleared your caches.......both?

Try using Firefox and see what happens. IE can cause some instability.

I know that flash tried to do an automatic update for me to the new version and there are known issues with that. Right click on your friends list and at the bottom of the menu that comes up it will say 'About Adobe flash settings' Click that and see which version you have. If it is 10.1 you should uninstall that and reinstall 10.0. Instructions HERE.

Let me know what happens.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 5:57 AM

Thanks Soulcatcher...I removed and reinstalled 10...no change.  Then I uninstalled 10 and installed 10.1..seemed like a slight improvement but still not really playable.  Cleared caches and diasabled hardware acceleration as recommended by Adobe..and had no improvement.    I'll try Firefox and get back to you.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:51 AM

Have now tried both Firefox and Google Chrome.  Very slow load to start when- it doesn't just freeze- and then cannot play a single hole without Load Manager Error numerous times.  Since the common denominator is my laptop and internet access,  what else might I try?

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 12:36 PM

Script:

Have now tried both Firefox and Google Chrome.  Very slow load to start when- it doesn't just freeze- and then cannot play a single hole without Load Manager Error numerous times.  Since the common denominator is my laptop and internet access,  what else might I try?

Have you tried your laptop elsewhere or a different laptop?  Might reduce the common denominator to either your laptop or your IP...Harve 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 1:06 PM

If you use a router, reset that by unplugging it for a min and then plug it back in.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 1:24 PM

Script,

I'd recommend sending an email to members@worldgolftour.com.  I've read a few of the threads you've commented in and it seems like none of the usual steps are fixing it.  I'm thinking that you may be experiencing some packet loss somehow and it could be something as simple as a router setting.  Shoot off a message to them, explain the problem and what you've already done to try to correct it.  Tell them you think you might be losing packets somewhere and they can have you run some more advanced tests on your system to try and find the cause.

Are you on a wireless connection and if so, does the same problem occur when you plug directly into the router?

Also, hardware acceleration shouldn't have anything to do with this.  That would control your rate of playback (frame rate), but wouldn't be involved in server to client communication.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 1:38 PM

Thanks Soulcatcher and Niv...I sent WGT a note before I started this post.  Today I sent them some bug log reports.  I've rebooted the modem and router...also plugged directly into the modem, skipping the wireless...no effect in either circumstance.  I just did the hardware accelerator change based on an Adobe recommendation...also didn't make a difference.  Inside the game, I have no unusual happenings (such a meter skip, flutter, etc.,) just a great number of the LEM's.  I use Verizon DSL and they have run their testing and found no issues.  This same set up caused me no problems from the time I joined last June until a few days ago....I love the game and am hoping for the best!

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 1:41 PM

Thanks Harve,  missed your post above Soulcatcher and Niv.  If I can find my XP dinosaur, I'll try it. As for another location...worth a shot...I'll try that tomorrow.  But  it doesn't answer why all of a sudden things have gone bad?

• PAGES
RSS