Forums

Help › Forums

What A Difference A Day Makes

Mon, Jun 14 2010 7:35 AM (2 replies)
  • thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 11:29 AM

I joined about a month ago May 13th and like everyone else I used the starter clubs and balls. Didn't do to bad went to Amateur in only 9 days May 22nd. I kept playing around the different courses and  entering the different free tourney's.

My average did not seem to be getting any better. Might have had a couple of those freak rounds where you do shoot well.  You know a 79 or 78 just to tease you and then you go back to normal.

I had about a mid 80's avg score. it would go up and down between 83 and 86.

Yesterday I did it and put $20.00 worth of credits in my account and bought some new clubs. Not the best or the most expensive, just the next best to starters.

Ping Rapture Amateur Driver

Starter Plus 3 Wood and Starter Plus Hybrid, and Irons

and a TaylorMade Spider Putter.

with some GI3-S Balls

Like I said my average was mid 80's so with just playing a few rounds yesterday and a couple of rounds today I went to Pro with a 79.31avg.

I think in total I spent less than $16.00 here for what I got. What I am saying is if you cannot afford $16.00 then there is something wrong.

I am disabled and on a very small fixed income. But I figured that if I am going to play here because it is a great game, then $16.00 is a pretty good price to pay. ( this is my daily entertainment)

The only money I have to spend here now is to buy some balls now and then, even then I don't have to if I don't want to.

One last thing, I do not have to upgrade any of my equipment if I don't want to. I am very happy where I am now.

Thank you to all the new friend I have made here and the many more I will make.

See you on the course.

May all your drive find the fairway and all your putts find the bottom of the cup.

Thank for the game WGT it is a great game.

tcg

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 10:49 PM

well  said  TCG ,   have fun, hit em straight!

• ALByrd60
    224 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 7:35 AM

I too am disabled (I hate that word) for the last 33 yrs and this is my daisly entertainment, so I too invested in not one complete set of clubs, but two.....I bought the Rapture irons and woods when i hit Pro and then did some research and bought a cheap set of Zebra's to give as a gift and messed up and ended up owning them myself lmao.....but I actually like the forgiveness of the Zebra's but I mostly play with the Rapture set and the Spider putter and I buy GS-12 i think they are and also GS13-D. I shoot an average of 2 to 3 over par on 18 hole rounds now and on 9 hole rounds I have good days where I may shoot even pars all the way till I start having muscle spasms in my legs that make my upper body pull me forward and then throw me backwards. When this happens i usually shoot a 40 on the 9 hoe rounds. All in all, if you are shooting high scores, you should invest a small amount of cash and really change your game to where you can play better rounds and enjoy yourself more,  I have a friend that is an amatuer still and he is beating Pro Tier players on a regular basis   lol....that has to say something about what happens when you invest a few dollars into the game. HIT EM STRAIGHT AND SEE YOU ON THE COURSE!

RSS