Forums

Help › Forums

Do different ball colors have different attributes?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 8 2010 9:54 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Trackterror03
    105 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 2:57 AM

Question All,

Does the different ball colors have differing attributes? For example does a blue ball or a yellow ball go further than the white balls do? I see the difference in price and was curious.

Thanks,

Track

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 9:50 AM

The answer is no, look at the attributes next the the selected ball in the pro shop. I think the price difference is for the color.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 1:10 PM

i actually dont like the colour charge....its a bit cheap,,,,it brings nothing to the game and you should be charged the same amount, whatever color!

i always choose white in protest.....and its what im used to!

though im tempted by the golf wear....speshly the organic stuff....oh my!

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 3:24 PM

nickuk:

i actually dont like the colour charge....its a bit cheap,,,,it brings nothing to the game and you should be charged the same amount, whatever color!

You'd be surprised... Light Blue GI-SDs are cheaper than White GI-SDs.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 6:17 AM

ha...missed that one....my new favourite colour is light blue! :) then again...i havnt used the dollar balls yet!

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 10:33 AM

nickuk:

ha...missed that one....my new favourite colour is light blue! :) then again...i havnt used the dollar balls yet!

Get a move on! Haha, I remember my first sleeve of Light Blue GI-SDs.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 1:04 PM

Anyone know.....

If I have the same type of balls but two different colors, when one runs out does it go to the other color ball of the same type during the game, or do I get stuck with the starter ball for the remainder of the game?

I'm guessing starters, as the different color balls do not show equipped, but this also would make no sense if this is the case. The same type balls should auto fill if available, regardless of color - they ARE the same balls afterall.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 1:08 PM

VanHalenLover:
    I'm guessing starters, as the different color balls do not show equipped, but this also would make no sense if this is the case. The same type balls should auto fill if available, regardless of color - they ARE the same balls afterall.

This is true, right now it will replace it with the starters.  The initial rule required same type and color mainly because color isn't an issue typically dealt with on tour.  However, I have recommended changing it to just the same type of ball (regardless of color).

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 1:24 PM

I ran out of gold GI-2D balls yesterday and had white GI-2D in my bag... but it gave me starter balls instead.       At the time I was upset with WGT until I hit 3... yes 3 consecutive balls in the water at Kiawah 17th.     So thanks WGT for saving me golf balls.     I'm also switching over to white balls now... no sense paying extra for a specific color!     Oh, and yes.. I did post my score ( a 40), which included a 9 on 17...lol!

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 1:50 PM

WGTniv:
    However, I have recommended changing it to just the same type of ball (regardless of color).

Thanks Niv, this would make more sense. I am on my last ball of one color, and have the exact same balls of another color waiting. It would be a welcomed addition to know that it would revert to the different colored but equal ball once one color runs out.

As it stands, I'll have to leave the last one all by its lonesome in my bag and switch to the other color in order to prevent getting stuck with the starters in the middle of a round.

EDIT: I'd like to also recommend a display of the current 'life' left for the current ball in the equipment setup page. It would be helpful to know when to make the changes before setting up a round. This could really be applied only when down to the last ball, but it might be easier to display it all of the time instead of programming it to turn on or off based on number of balls left.

• PAGES
RSS