Help › Forums

I'm calling....

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 7 2010 5:48 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MSUBULLY
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:12 PM

I'm calling BS on those 60's. I've never played a round with anyone who ever shot better than a 68 and that with out tourny conditions. I would love to play 18 holes with these folks and see it for my self.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:21 PM

You might want to bite on a stick MSU. I think what is about to ensue is going to hurt.

• MSUBULLY
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:23 PM

I could care less. I'm up for a group playing 18 at St. Andrews to see it for myself. Any time

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:26 PM

MSUBully,

I played this game myself for 2 years before I started working for WGT.  I can assure you that those scores are legit and that those are players really are that good.  I'm quite rusty now since I only play once every couple of days anymore, but even I can still drop a good score now and then.  Most of them have been playing for a year or more, playing multiple rounds every day and have put in some serious stick time to learn the game. 

Also consider that the Open qualifier is an unlimited format and many players are only firing for low scores and may quit 10 rounds before they shoot the one score they are looking for.

• MSUBULLY
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:36 PM

Sorry. Don't mean to offend anyone, but ever "Master" I've played with will quit after 1 bad shot or hole. I made Master myself in less than a month. As you can tell by my avg. it has gone up significantly. The course and putting changed so much under tourny conditions, I just find it hard to see anyone shooting those scores this quick into qualifying. Like I said the best I've played with under regular conditions was a 68. I just want to see somebody in my group shoot a score like that. Maybe I'll learn something. If anybody can shoot those scores, please invite me to play a round. I want to see how it's done.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 9:45 AM

I fully believe the scores that are being shot. On my very first attempt, without playing any practice, I shot a 69. During that round I suffered 5 very stupid bogey's, with putts that just creep around the edge of the cup, and missed out on at least 2 other birdies by just inches.

I've since shot a 68, with fairly similar number of irritating bogey's, but made the round by finishing with 2 birdies. I know that if I could just get my game together that fraction more I could maybe get close to the big boys. This course rewards accuracy with driving and approach shots. The moment you start exploring bunkers and the rough, it can become a real test.

As for "Master" players quitting multiplayer after some bad shots, you're correct that it happens. It is always hard to tell why a player leaves, but it always looks bad if they leave after a few bad shots. Last week I left a multiplayer game, after playing a couple of terrible holes on St. Andrews. It wasn't so much the bad score, as I don't care about my average, but the fact that there were a couple of players whose games were taking ages to load for most shots, which was much more frustrating than my errors. What you can't tell is that I completed the round in single player mode with a 76.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 9:58 AM

MSUBULLY:

Sorry. Don't mean to offend anyone, but ever "Master" I've played with will quit after 1 bad shot or hole. I made Master myself in less than a month. As you can tell by my avg. it has gone up significantly. The course and putting changed so much under tourny conditions, I just find it hard to see anyone shooting those scores this quick into qualifying. Like I said the best I've played with under regular conditions was a 68. I just want to see somebody in my group shoot a score like that. Maybe I'll learn something. If anybody can shoot those scores, please invite me to play a round. I want to see how it's done.

Feel free to invite me to a round if you see me online.   I can pretty much guarantee that I will shoot less than a 68 at St. Andrews in a ranked multi player round, barring me experiencing amnesia, sudden finger twitch syndrome, or too much bourbon causing me to see 3 balls.   Hell, if I shoot worse than 68, I'll gift you any club or ball you want.

I'm online after 5PM EST.   Cheers.

PS: And I won't quit after 1 or 2 bad holes.   Not my style.

• GaryKoop
    149 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 3:37 AM

Quit!!!

This is where i think its wrong, for realism this tournament should've been single play, will sort the men out.

Poor shot WGT

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 4:39 AM

the final champ round is single play gary....thats when the most consistent players come to the fore.(me not being one of them) the multi rounds give the lesser players a chance to qualify...(me being one of them) ;)

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 11:18 AM

GaryKoop:
    will sort the men out
    Hmmm ,   lol

• PAGES
RSS