Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont Ready-go's and current Andy's???

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 2 2010 8:19 PM (2 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 5:00 PM

Are they coming?   Do we have to wait until after the championship tourney? 

Just curious. 

Also, are the current Andy's RG tourneys playing from farther back and with faster greens?  I don't think so but wanted to check before I joined one.  Will they change next week?

Also, I'd like to know if these conditions are ever being planned to be switched up in the future?  

There have been many threads complaining about how all you ever play is very fast greens as a Master and I agree with them, variety would be so much nicer, throw us a championship green speed once in awhile or SLOW, etc.

TIA

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 5:26 PM

I certainly hope WGT considers those not eligible to play in RGs are only able to play Oakmont in the Qualifier and multi-player and not single play.  Single play is a definite advantage to learn the course since replay is available.

RGs would allow a player to become more familiar with different wind conditions than those excluded from RGs.  In multi player there are different winds but there is no replay to see what happened and you have no time to take notes as you do in single play.

Assuming the winds will change for the Championship round, those not eligible for RGs would be at a disadvantage if Oakmont was included in the RG rotation.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 8:19 PM

Yep that is a very valid point Andy, especially if Oak is not available for practice rounds solo

I would just like to know one way or another on this and the other queries I made. 

RSS