Oakmont...."Very, very soon."

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 26 2010 11:47 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 12:45 PM

From MisterWGT's profile page:

PEBBLE BEACH... historical experience now live! Oakmont full 18... VERY VERY SOON!!!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 1:05 PM

The word is June 1st....For Oakmont.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 6:15 AM

Soulcatcher:

The word is June 1st....For Oakmont.

Seconded.

If not, then there will be riots in these streets.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 6:28 AM

6 short days from now, I for one am looking forward to it! What a great way to come back from a long weekend!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 6:33 AM

VanHalenLover:
    6 short days from now, I for one am looking forward to it! What a great way to come back from a long weekend!

Heh-I'm betting the first posted 61 there will be waiting for you. Friday is a good day to release an update and Sunday is next best-they've done it before.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 7:14 AM

SPECULATION:

We might be surprised.

I am watching closely each morning when I wake up THIS week.  I will not be surprised IF we see Oakmont implemented and going live one of the next couple of nights.

ONE YEAR AGO - we were hearing "June 1st" for Bethpage as well - and if memory serves me we got it JUST BEFORE the (U.S.) Memorial Day Holiday 3 day weekend - which is this upcoming weekend.  (Remember also that along with it came something entirely new - the MASTER Tier - up until then, PRO had been the top tier.)

With History as My Guide, I SPECULATE "very very soon" indicates this week.  Imminent.

(If one of the long-timers here remembers this differently, correct me - I think that the timing of the Bethpage rollout is how I described).

Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 7:28 AM

AC, I think the details about the BB rollout are correct, but I'm not too sure. If I honest, I don't think I ever cared that much when it first happened!

However I think the tiers happened differently. I think Amateur was the highest, then Master and Pro were released together. I remember this as I went from Hack to Pro overnight. But I could be wrong...

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 7:38 AM

Hi Ellis...

I quite distinctly remember that I was already at the PRO Tier when MASTER rolled out - and I was not low enough to qualify for Master (which I did not attain until December 2009).

I think on that one I have it right because "Master" appeared and suddenly a bunch of guys (but not me) were suddenly reclassed (promoted) into Master.  Who knows - I'm not arguing...it is a discussion and anything that might help me remember, sso be it.

Regards,  AC

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 7:45 AM

AC-I remember it as you said. I joined May 13 and BPB wasn't in play. I then remember Memorial Day weekend trying to figure out how the hell to play a course where you couldn't get any realistic distance out of the friggin clubs because BPB was in play and qualifying had been announced. 

The rest is an addiction drama.................  :-D

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 9:21 AM

There were only two tiers at that time, Hack and Amateur. To become Amateur required an average of 68.0. Then overnight it went to the current four tiers.

• PAGES
RSS