Help › Forums

A Few More Ideas for Tourements

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 24 2010 7:23 AM (3 replies)
  • thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 4:02 AM

Bingo Bango Bongo

Bingo Bango Bongo rewards players for three things on each hole: being the first player in the group to get onto the green; being closest to the hole once all group members are on the green; and being the first player in the cup.

Flags

In a Flags tournament, all golfers begin the round with a set number of strokes (related to their handicaps), and they play until their strokes run out. The player who makes it farthest on his or her allotment of strokes is the winner.

The golfer who stakes his flag the farthest around the course is the winner. Example: Your allotment is 75 strokes. You play the course until you hit your 75th shot, which, let's say, comes on the 16th fairway. That's where you plant your flag. If no other player's flag is planted beyond yours - say, on the 16th green or 17th tee box - you are the winner.

Stableford

Points are awarded for your score on each hole on either a net or handicap basis. 1 point for a bogey, 2 for a par, 3 for a birdie, 4 for an eagle and 5 if you bag an albatross  chance). Anything worse than a bogey, pick up and stop wasting everyone else's time.

• Greenkeepa
    55 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 6:09 AM

All 3 sound good to me, but perhaps these could be put to use when the private tourneys come into the game, so that the tourney starter can select the match type.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 6:13 AM

I definitely agree on Bingo Bango Bongo and Stableford.

As for "Flags," I've never even heard of that but it sounds like it could be exploited pretty easily. I mean, there aren't handicaps here so perhaps it should be based off of something different... I'm too lazy to think of a solution at the moment. Lol.

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 7:23 AM

Maybe it could be on your ranking or your avg score. I don't know. I am sure there is a way.

RSS