Forums

Help › Forums

Winner - Best Of British

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 21 2010 8:13 AM (0 replies)
  • eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 8:13 AM

Congratulations to paulmcm for winning the first BEST OF BRITISH - WGT tournament

Below is the winners trophy as a little reminder of such an achievement. WGT has some amazing  players online so this really is an achievement!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Commiserations to PortsD who put up a battle in the final to lose by 2 holes.

below is a medal as a reminder of such an acheivement

Image and video hosting by TinyPic:

here is a match analysis of the Final by our champion paulmcm

paulmcm:

Me and Dan have just played the Best of British final, it was a really enjoyable match with some great scoring.

I managed to grab a 3up lead with birdie, birdie, eagle on 3, 4 and 5 - Dan could've been 5 down but for a couple of great saving putts on 6 and 7.

Holes 6 through 11 were all tied, mainly in birdies by both players - on the 12th i missed my birdie putt and Dan didn't miss and pegged it back to 2up. I made a tricky 7ft putt for a halve on 13 and then a 22ft for birdie and to halve the 15th with Dan just 3ft from the pin in 2.

16 was halved and on 17 Dan's 2nd caught the bank and flew through the green - the hole was halved in pars and that was that.

Thanks to everyone involved.. it was a shaky tournament at times, i learnt a lot and lots of prep will go into the next Best of British Tournament.

God Bless

EternalSpirit

RSS