Forums

Help › Forums

Is putting ridiculously hard compared to the rest of the game?

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 19 2010 10:59 AM (2 replies)
  • turbobuick86
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 10:25 AM

As easy as the drive and approach shots are, the putting is exponentially difficult. Okay, I'm a total noob to WGT, been playing less than one week. I'm using the optional greenhorn default best set and hitting a high GIR, but 3 and 4 putting my way to 72. I shoot par with 38 putts. I'm not new to online golf, I know the dynamics of reading putts, but there is zero forgiveness with my current putter.

Is it possible to compete with the default clubs? Does the game insist you spend real cash ro play competitively?  I've earned 150 credits and rank pro with 75.08, but can't see myself improving dramatically with the current putting physics.

Thanks for any insight.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 10:40 AM

turbobuick86:
    Is it possible to compete with the default clubs?

Short answer, yes.

turbobuick86:
    Does the game insist you spend real cash ro play competitively?

The game doesn't insist anything but you can spend real dollars here if you like. Upgrading your clubs will definitely make this a more realistic experience for you and you don't have to spend a lot to be very competitive.

turbobuick86:
    but can't see myself improving dramatically with the current putting physics.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx A must read putting tutorial written by a veteran Master. GL

• turbobuick86
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 10:59 AM

I did read some of that tutorial and it makes good sense. Most of my issues are hitting the "snap" or accuracy of the putt.  I can do the math and lag an 75 footer to within 5 ft ...  then miss it..... twice! =)

I will keep practicing, thanks for the reply.

RSS