Help › Forums

Accuracy problems

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 6 2009 9:17 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2009 5:21 PM

Hey all. I gota question. When I hit a perfect shot it usually goes where it's aimed give or take any wind effect. But, sometimes I hit perfect and it goes way left or right. Sometimes I hit well to the left and it goes right, and vis-versa. Even off the tee. Why is this? Anyone else have this problem?

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2009 10:00 PM

Ok seriously, nobody else has this problem? I mean hit Dead frickin perfect and it sprays 25 feet left or right...wtf is up with this BS? Some sort of lag? Anyone? Please?

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2009 10:56 PM

WELCOME TO THE WGT

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2009 9:52 AM

Hi mrboo, which driver are you using?

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2009 10:30 AM

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but there are accuracy problems that occur from the problem with the power bar dragging.

Also, I appreciate WGT's effort to provide more holes and better clubs. In saying that, I believe that before you do you should change the game so the clubs, ball, spin and wind work the exact same way no matter if you practice, play in a tourney, in a group or a ranked round. Because it is not the same, and I would think that this basic asspect should be consentant before anything else is done. And the oawerbar issue needs to be addressed.

Thanks for the game, I do enjoy it. But the above measures would make it more enjoyable.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2009 11:39 AM

I use the default driver. But it's not the driver, it's the irons that are giving me fits. Like I say it is rare that this happens, but when I hit perfect I expect it to go where it is aimed. Plus it's not easy to hit perfect so when it shanks with a perfect hit, it is, to say the least, very frustrating. All I can figure is that it is lag. Other than that this game is killer... I just hope, if this isn't lag, that it gets addressed, soon. Thanks everyone.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2009 5:14 PM

Hi mrboo, the default clubs are the least precise, so that could explain what you are experiencing. Also, you are right it's possible that if there is a lag and you click, you may be clicking far from the center line. If you notice a lag during the downswing, don't click and let it go through so you don't hit the ball.

• sealseal
    67 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 3:28 PM

Ya, you also may want to factor in the wind before you take your shots.

• tmcharris
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 1:37 PM

The internet lag or 'hiccup' wreaks havoc on tempo in the swing.  I take TONS of swings that I have to 'let go' and do it again.  You just run out of patience!  I have to swing 5-10 times per shot... 

I have cable modem internet speed.  I get 6 MB/s (downstream) but I suspect this scheme of live 'net golf needs a symmetric upload / download pathway to remain fluid.  My upload speed is only 1 MB/s, which is standard for residential ISP's.

• gratefullybred
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 2:01 PM

i know what your talking about. when you hit a perfect shot, yet you block it right, or pull it. yea thats very annoying. it hasnt been doing that as much recently..

• PAGES
RSS