Forums

Help › Forums

PC specs and meter 'smoothness'

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 12 2010 12:17 PM (6 replies)
  • ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 5:38 AM

I thought I'd set this up to try to determine what factors contribute to the dreaded choppy swing meter. I'd like people to post their computer spec and rate their swing meter in terms of a % of time it is smooth against choppy (obviously an estimate). If I get enough responses I may be convinced to create a few graphs :)

So for example, if I think my meter is smooth 7 times out of 10 I'll rate it 70%.

I'll start (please follow the same format):

PC Spec

Operating System - Vista 64

Browser - Firefox

Processor - Core i7 920 (overclocked to 3.6)

Memory - 6GB DDR3

Graphics Card - Radeon HD 4870X2

Resolution - 1080p

Meter Smoothness Rating

90%

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 5:40 AM

As an additional note I'd also say that I'm aware that background applications and clutter can be a big factor but for the sake of our sanity I think we should stick to the hardware side for now.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 5:57 AM

Deja Vu all over again.   CP, something very similar was tried in March, have you seen it?

Meter issues

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 6:27 AM

LOL, andy. Saw the post and went right to the date thinking that same thread got reopened.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 11:32 AM

My apologies chaps, I wasn't playing this in March.

I'll look for the post.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 11:37 AM

ComplexP:
    My apologies chaps, I wasn't playing this in March

No, my apologies to you, CP. I didn't mean to make fun of your idea because it was interesting when it went down. It was kind of a deja vu moment there. :-)

It's good you're thinking the way you are because it says you're doing your part to get the meter issues to a minimum. That link that andy provided is a good one-it's right where you're at. GL

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 12:17 PM

No hard feelings. I have progressed through this game at quite a worrying rate. Probably too fast. It's easy to forget I've been playing less than a month.

RSS