Help › Forums

still a white screen

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 12 2010 6:25 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kingspen
    53 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 3:53 PM

I cleared my caches' and when click play now I still get a white screen please help.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 4:10 PM

Check to make sure your cookie handling hasn't changed and the pop up blocker didn't get switched on. That's happened to me once.

Stay in one thread and you'll get a lot of help.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 5:10 PM

Make sure that you always exit/restart your browser after clearing your cache/cookies etc. It doesn't hurt to reboot your system either.

Also, you can always play the game within your browser instead of the pop-up that is the default game client. Go to google and type in "wgt game client". In most browsers you can play the game in a normal browser tab as opposed to the pop-out.

In all honesty your problem, to me, sounds like you may be experiencing a system error and may just simply need to reboot. IDK though.. just trying to help.

• kingspen
    53 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 6:31 PM

by reboot what do you mean. I logged out and turned off my comp. then I restarted and still got the white screen. even when I went to google and typed in wgt game client. the bottom says done but the white screen persists. I feel like I have tried everything. this sucks. I love this game

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 7:33 PM

Well generally reboot means to restart your computer.

You might just need to clear your MacroMedia™ Flash cache

http://www.adobe.com/go/settmgr_storage_en

If you haven't done this in a while it could definitely be the cause. Again I don't know for sure what problem you're experiencing. Just trying to help. (P.S. after clearing the flash cache everything will load a lot slower at first.... it's normal)

• kingspen
    53 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 4:45 AM

i've done that. when I right click on the white screen it says movie not loaded. I may just have to delete my wgt account and start from scratch. I hope not.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 5:03 AM

Whoa , kingspen-that's a huge clue! There are no movies that need to load here other than the tutorials and they don't show up until the game is opened.

You might be dealing with something outside the game, like a virus or something. I think I read somewhere you tried this but try it again and see what happens.

Go directly to this link. You should be able to click on it.

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

This takes you directly to the game. See if it works. Also, what browser are you using?

Don't delete your account-that won't fix anything. Hang in there, you'll be golfing shortly. There's an answer.   :-)

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 7:00 AM

kingspen:

i've done that. when I right click on the white screen it says movie not loaded. I may just have to delete my wgt account and start from scratch. I hope not.

You're using IE aren't you? I just googled a couple of things and it seems this error is pretty typical in IE. If you are using IE you might want to consider a better browser. The best, IMO, being Google Chrome. Firefox is way better than IE as well.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 12:32 PM

Hi Kingspen,

Another user has an issue similar to yours, so I'd like you to take a read through this thread and carefully try each one the suggestions one at a time.  Between each suggestion be sure to log out, log back in and try to reload the game again before moving on to the next one.  Let us know if after trying all 3 suggestions you are still having a problem.

• kingspen
    53 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 5:37 AM

This is crazy.  I just left it alone for a couple of days and then when I checked my e-mails to see if anyone could help, I tried the the link that yankeejim sent me and it went directly to the game. So then I went to the wgt site and clicked play now and it loaded right up. I have no idea what I did except cleared all my caches then I ran disk clean up but it  still did not work.  just this morning I tried the wgt link and it loaded. I have not a clue what happened. Thank you guys for all your help.  It's good to know people still want to help others.

• PAGES
RSS