Help › Forums

Unexpected error

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 8 2010 2:18 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 7:50 PM

Everytime I click "play now" I get unexpected error with game. "exit and try again" so I do and same ole thing. Can't get to play screen

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 10:29 PM

Hi Lisa,

Please try clearing your caches.  If it is something simple then this will usually take care of the problem.

• Log out of WGT completely
    • Clear Browser cache: Click here for instructions.
    • Clear Adobe Flash cache: Click here, and click the "Delete all sites" button in the Settings Manager.
    • Exit your browser
    • Restart your browser
    • Log back in to WGT and try to play again

After doing that be sure to reset any personal preferences you may have in your game options such as graphics quality or flagstick animations before teeing off.

Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues after trying this step.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 12:06 AM

I'm locked out of playing. When I click "play Now" I get "unexpected error" "close page and try later--YOU CANNOT REPORT A BUG from this display. I've tried for 2 hrs. Cleared cahe, installed google chrome, unplugged computer, cleared files, cookies , history---everybody has suggestions.. I simply can't play. WGT keeps offering "new" clubs like the 2010 Rapture (which are exactly like the old Raptures) Why can't they focus on simple things like a system that works and eliminating unexpected errors. 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 12:39 AM

Lisa,

Please try the two things I have suggested above.  Clearing caches is a two step process and must be done both in your browser and your flash settings.  If both are not cleared you may still experience errors. 

I'd like to help you solve this issue, but we need to move one step at a time so we can figure out where the cause is coming from.  We've had a few scattered reports so far, but if this was a major issue affecting everyone the forums would be absolutely flooded.  That usually means there's something funny going on at the local end and we need to try and figure out what's happening.

Please try my suggestions above, clear both of your caches (flash and browser) and let me know if it resolves your issue.

Thanks.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 1:52 AM

OK I carefully followed the 2 steps suggested. Clearing both caches (flash and browser)-Istill cannot access the game. "Play now" loads to 93% and then the page appears z'(unexpected error) history, cookies, flash sites are empty. Still I have no access to PLAY. Is there any way WGT can reset my site?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 2:28 AM

Thank you, Lisa, for trying those steps.  You don't have to worry about your cookies, that would usually only be the culprit if you were having trouble logging into the site or if the site wasn't remembering you each visit.

The next thing I'd like you check is your Flash Storage Settings. Please click Flash Settings Manager and see if your slider bar and storage options are set like indicated below.  Your slider should be on either the 100KB or 1MB setting.  Please also check to see if both of your boxes at the bottom are checked.  If they aren't please check them both. 

The highlighted tab in the settings manager is the tab that shows the picture of the Earth with the manilla folder in front of it (2nd tab from the left).  Please click one of the tabs on either side of it and then click back to the 2nd tab again.  Make sure your slider is still set to 100KB or 1MB.  If it is still the same then log out of WGT, close your browser, restart your browser, log back in to WGT and attempt to play again. 

Please let me know if this solves the problem.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 3:25 AM

Ok I went to Flash Settings Mgr. cliked to one side of "earth w/folder" My settings are 1MB both boxes are checked Logged out closed browser, logged back in and -same "Unexpected Error" Let me explain, I was about to start a match w Knucklewoods, he froze so I disconnected. He disconnected and when he came back he got the same message. He was on the phone with someone for an hour trying different things before his game came back. I have a friend who is a member of wgt come over and he logged on to his acct on my computer ----no problem.  It's not someting wrong with my settings-its my acct-it's stuck in a game that froze 12 hrs ago. My cache is cleared. All my favorites work. I can get on any site. I've cleaned up c drive , run webroot, Error Expert Registry Scan. My computer is fine . I have vista Ultimate with side bar. CPU is at full rest. NOTHING RUNNING IN BACKGROUND. Sorry, can you not do a reset from your end?

Or do we need to go thru more trial steps? I'm open. Thanks for any help.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 5:36 AM

Lisa,

Do what NIV said, I had the same deal last nite and it drove me crazy. (crazier)

Frustrating, ain't it?

My key to getting back in was fooling with the Adobe Flash Cache stuff, as Niv says.

Good luck

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 12:09 PM

Thank you for being patient Lisa while we work through this problem.  Unfortunately there isn't a way to throw a reset switch, so we have to keep looking for what might be the cause of the problem.

The next thing I'd like you do is go back to your Flash Storage Settings. Please click Flash Settings Manager and just confirm that the slider is still set to 1 MB.  It should be since you set it there last night, but let's confirm to be sure.

Now, I want you to click on the tab in the settings manager that is all the way to the far right.  I've circled it in red below.  Once you click that tab, find media5.wgt.com in the list and click it once to highlight it gray.  You just cleared your cache last night so it should one of only a couple things in the list.  Once you've clicked media5.wgt.com make sure the slider is also set to 1 MB and set it there if it's not.  If you needed to adjust the slider then click any other tab on the settings manager and then click back on the far right tab.  Click media5.wgt.com one more time and just verify that it saved your setting at 1MB.

Once you've verified the 1MB setting then logout, login and retry the load.  Let me know how it goes.  If this doesn't solve it I've got one more thing to try before I need to turn you over to customer service for some next-level support.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 2:06 PM

WGTniv, Thanks for your help after being up all night (9am I fell asleep) I logged out turned off the computer. Then when I woke up I turned on the computer. Checked the settings as you described, logged on and "bingo" I'm back-Thank you so much. All my settings were back to default. and a new thing--a tutorial tab appears on the left side of screen all the time. Is this something new can I make it go away. Anyway my fash settings are just as you described and it appears everything is working.. Many thanks again!!!

• PAGES
RSS