Forums

Help › Forums

driving accuracy percentage error when using 3 wood as driver

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 4 2010 6:20 AM (2 replies)
  • ScoobyDoobyDoo
    8 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 5:50 AM

I noticed my driving accuracy when clicking on my player name during a game said 33%. I'm there.. what the hell. I usually only miss the fairway maybe once out of every dozen shots. Think its because I've been using my 220yd 3 wood as my driver.

When I got credits for turning pro I could have got the 230 driver for 5 extra yards or go for the 220 3 wood which gets 15 more yards than the 205. Was playing and had the 225 driver and the tour pro 220 3 wood and my next club was the 190 hybrid. For shots around 200 it was off so figure if I use my 220 as driver I could also use it as 3-wood and still have the 205 in there for 200 shots. Worth it for the 5 yard loss off the tee.

If I had bought the 230 driver and also used 205 wood, after 2 shots I'd be 435. With the 220 twice I'm at 440 and if I wanted to use the driver I'd be at 445. So better than buying the 230 driver don't you think? And for punch out of a bit of rough the 220 is handy... Yet you always see players using their pro credits then buying the driver for only 5 extra yards.

Anyways, what I think is going on now with this driving accuracy percentage is ever since I stopped using a driver it's just kept going down. Its the first time I noticed it so I'll keep an eye on it but I'm guessing the more I play the more it'll keep going down. Thats not the kind of score you want to go down around here. Sounds like a bug.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 6:04 AM

Sounds like you discovered 3W off the tee doesn't count as a drive. It was noted a while ago and WGT is aware of it.

• ScoobyDoobyDoo
    8 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 6:20 AM

YankeeJim:

Sounds like you discovered 3W off the tee doesn't count as a drive. It was noted a while ago and WGT is aware of it.

ok good

RSS