Forums

Help › Forums

New Ping Master Irons.

Mon, May 3 2010 4:36 AM (1 replies)
  • pullinup
    108 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 11:29 AM
    I bought the new Ping master irons a few days ago, mainly because of the smoothness the meter exhibited when I tried them as rentals on two separate occaisions. But now I find the meter is just as crappy with them as are the original Ping master G10 irons.(which never played to my satisfaction) And I am a fairly decent player, as many may attest. I have a high powered computer and a fast connection speed. So... tell me, ... why is this? I am very dissappointed with this discovery. I rarely had trouble with them in rental play. I dont feel that the discrepancy in performance is a coincidence. I'm not sorry to say that I feel like I have been ripped off. I will think twice before I ever buy new clubs again. You have 1 dissatisfied customer who has invested several hundred dollars in equipment over the last eleven months.
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 4:36 AM

I have been using the G15s and really liked them, the meter speed takes a bit of getting used to but when you hit them sweet they send the ball like a laser guided missle.

Today however I have decided to bin them and go back to the G10s. The swing meter is so fast on the G15s that any stutter in the meter makes it nigh on impossible to let it run out. Your instinct kicks in and you click meaning you end up dubbing the ball 40 yards.

I wont be buying any further new clubs with a faster meter for this very reason.

RSS