Help › Forums

DRIVER SPEED

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 17 2010 4:29 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • thebetterguy
    3 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2009 2:50 PM

The new drivers are nice! But the meeter speed is to dam fast!!! you need to slow it down like it was befor.AND ALSO when you sold the new drivers you sold them for 600 creaidts os $6.00 and now your selling them for 100 creadits i would say that your ripping us off boy thats a shocker.........................................

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2009 2:59 PM

That would be incorrect.  Burner/Ping is $6, Tour Starter is $1.  Prices are still the same as before. Nobody is being ripped off.

http://www.wgt.com/proshop/

As far as meter speed... wah?  Practice or use either the starter/tour starter driver.  From what I've heard the tour starter meter speed is right about the same as the old clubset. 

Clubs are going to have trade offs that will sacrifice one thing to improve another.  There can't be one 'magic club' that does everything for everyone.  There would be no point in that and it's also not very realistic.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2009 3:03 PM

....and the driver speed on the PIng G10 is only half as fast as the ones you'll eventually be able to get.  Check out meter in the comparision chart:  It's only a 5 out of 10 for swing speed.  The speed on the WGT Starter Tour driver(100 credits) is really not all that fast.

Practice is right.

• ballcrusher666
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 3:16 AM

No - it seems to me that, (especially if youre paying for an upgrade) that the club should be easier to use, i.e. the swing meter should be slower and the sweet spot bigger, otherwise I dont get the point.

• MElli22631
    32 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 7:48 AM

The point is the club has more distance - you can't get more distance, more accuracy and slower meter. The game would turn into who can shoot -18.

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 7:56 AM

took me about a week to used to the speed of my G-10  driver...and now i cant even notice a diffrence..better clubs are gonna take practice to get the precision down.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 9:53 PM

Speed is fine, distance is fine, accuracy is iffy, but the forgiveness must be increased at least half an incremental, especially on the irons, or comparable to the tour starters for a pricey club.

I've played the heck out of the new clubs the last few days, and I love a good challenge, but these irons seem to be less than they should be.

Maybe it's me, as Avatar Lee seems to have been reborn with these new clubs, but these irons I just can't seem to get a good grip on even with consistent perfect swings and hundreds of adjustments.

I've gone back to the tour starters for irons and wedges.

Anyone else?

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2009 9:45 PM

I am using all the tour starters except I am using the burner driver. I can handle one faster swing shot per par 4 and 5, everyone being fast is too much for me personally. I do not want any speed changed on any clubs. Practice, if you can't cut it, go back to slower clubs. But those who can adjust and use the clubs with faster swing speeds should be rewarded.

I have not been able to adjust to the fairway woods and irons with the faster speeds. I just can't do it. But because some folks are struggling does not mean WGT should reduce the speed. What will seperate the top players from the bottom is being able to play, practice and adjust. but the clubs that everyone moans and groans about are not the issue.

If you look at the stats of some of the players who win most tourneys and closest to the pin, their stats for % of fairways, % of greens and putting accuracy tell the story of why they are doing well. Tibbets, who I will use as an example, is basically using the exact same clubs as I am, playing with the same winds on the same holes, putting on the same greens. If you also notice, he has about six hundred (600) more ranked rounds played than I have. There are two things he has on me at the current time, the amount of playing time and his ability. Because he is not using the new fairway woods and irons, there is nothing else it can be. I am sure also figuring into this equation is the fact on certain greens if you hit to the wrong spot on the green, you will have a tricky putt. I know that, you know that and he and other really good players know that also.

So his ability, combined with his practice and knowledge of where to hit to as well as where not to hit to equals low scores. I hear folks whine about getting some of the best players into the pro tier so the amatuers will have a chance. I cannot not get clsoe to soom of these guys, I have not put in the practice and it has become clear there is a lack of ability on my part that will only allow me to reach a certain average.

Instead of everyone sitting around talking about what they perceive to be the problem, do something about the real issue. Practice, that was what i was told about 3 putts from ten feet when I complained about the greens and putting and that's what I say about the rest of it. I practiced and I don't 3 putt from ten feet now.

Put in the practice time, use your ability to get better. If you can fine, if you can't stop looking for WGT scapegoats in the form of this and that are wrong with the clubs or swing meters. Either you can do it or you can't and as the cream rises to the top I am obviously not going to be a part of the cream. I can accept that. But either put up or stop whinning. Looking everywhere else for excuses in where were are lacking is a waste of time and is an insult to those in this game who have shown that with hard work and ability anything is possible.

Just my thoughts.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2009 9:22 AM

AMEN!

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 7:17 PM

Well said J. When I miss hit I blame nothing but my ability. I regularly two putt, saying I knew I should or should not have aimed there. It all comes down to practice, as that is what seperates the best from the rest. The more I play, the lower my average gets, so the proof is in the puttin !

Enjoy

Mike

• PAGES
RSS