Forums

Help › Forums

Stroke Play Penalty

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 26 2010 5:27 AM (5 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 9:55 AM

I was playing a round today at Kiawah.  I started the round with another player but he dropped out on #10 (first hole).  After a birdie on 10 and two good shots on 11 I was in position to hit a wedge into #11.  Since I was playing alone, I was looking at Ebay, reading some stock information etc.  When I came back to the game, I found that I had been penalized a shot for my time expiring.  Is this just a fluke because I was playing in multiplayer and all players had left?  I know in single you don't have this issue.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 10:05 AM

Once you start a multiplayer game it says a that way. IE. even if everyone else quits the shot timer continues through out the game.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 8:45 PM

Kaslo:

Once you start a multiplayer game it says a that way. IE. even if everyone else quits the shot timer continues through out the game.

Sure, but why is it a "penalty"?

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 10:54 PM

TheLighterDark:

Kaslo:

It's a penalty because multiplayer rounds are timed. It's definitely not a bug. The multplayer shot clock starts upwards of 80.. and the first expiration is only a warning. Then it resets back to 86 or something like that.. Which means to incur a one shot penalty the player was basically negligent.

I think it's a solid rule that only applies to Multiplayer. It doesn't apply to a lone ranked round.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 10:58 PM

TheLighterDark:

Kaslo:

probably had 2 timer infractions.After the first there is a waring. after that the next is a 1 stroke penalty .Second one after the waring is  also a 1 stroke penalty. After the 3rd it is DQ. Would be weird to be dq'ed when playing alone.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 5:27 AM

Okay guys... but I think the real question he is trying to ask is, why not turn the clock off if there is only one player left?  Answer:  additional programming that is probably low on the priority list.  Interim workaround:  If you are the only one left, save and close the game then resume it in single player... that should get rid of the clock.

RSS